Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjtt99

A good $150 problem

Hi folks.

Lucky me! I won a $150 gift certificate for my local hockey store and I don't know how to spend it!!

Fortunately my LHS has a great selection of everything so I'm not limited on that front.

I'm also happy with my current equipment so I'm not in dire need of anything. With that in mind I'm having a hard time determining how to spend it. Any ideas??

By the way it expires in six months and I won't get any change back so buying a $1 puck and getting $149 in return is not an option.

What to do?

- Pimp out?

- Get another stick/shaft?

- Gloves? Pants? (even though mine are just fine)

- Put toward new skates even though I just got new wheels at the end of last year?

- Something else??

Oh the stress of it all. :)

wait till the new stuff is out and make a decision. I'd go with a stick because it'll probably cover the gift certificate and you'll use it.

Hmmmm a bucket and visor isn't a bad idea. Currently I wear a cage for my low skill, chippy league. But I also have a friendly early morning group a couple times a week, not to mention I ref friendlys from time to time. (When I ref I remove the cage and have no eye protection.)

You may be on to something Minty! But there are so many shiny sticks out there....mmmm shiny sticks.

Why do I have the feeling this $150 gift certificate is going to cost me money? (i.e. "Gee, I'm getting this helmet for free so I might as well buy a stick too!!")

If I were you, I would just hold on to it and wait until you actually needed something. Mabye when you're ready to buy a new pair of skates, put it towards that or something.

Don't just blow it on stuff you don't need.

If I were you, I would just hold on to it and wait until you actually needed something. Mabye when you're ready to buy a new pair of skates, put it towards that or something.

Don't just blow it on stuff you don't need.

personally I'd just blow it...I mean you WON the gift certificate... If you don't indulge yourself, no-one will.

if you can get more than one thing buy a new helmet with a nice cage or visor and than with what is left buy tape and pucks and what not cuz that you cant have to much of that stuff

...Just buy a whole lot of tape; you'll be set until Christmas.

Personally, i would buy something you want, not need. You know how you walk into a store and see some cool stuff that you want but promise yourself you will never buy it, because it is a waste of your own money? Id buy one of those things.

If that has never happened to you, id pimp out some stuff.