Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest phillyfan

Disgrace-Iraq

LOL Vapor.  Liberal media, what a joke.

Well, ABC, CBS, and dont tell me that NBC is conservative, they are a very liberal network. Further more, most big newspapers are liberal, as the old gray lady, which has the largest circulation in the country.

Actually the Old Grey Lady (NY Times for those who don't know) doesn't have the largest circulation in the US. That would be The Wall Street Journal.

I've noticed that many of the major network anchors and/or reporters tend to have a slight bias at times, the cable guys tend to skew the other way. I'm not sure it's entirely intentional but it's just lazy journalism.

You have an O'Reily poster in your bed room dont you? ;)

Im a Conservative Libertarian. I do disagree with some conservative views. But I was one of the few Libertarians on board with the Iraqi war. And believe me, there are WMD, and they will be found. They are in Syria, in the Bekka Valley. And you are right JR, WSJ is the #1, muhhh bad. #2. Wall street Journal, btw, not a conservative paper.

See, this is what I don't get about Americans and politics, here in Canada, sure we have left-wing and right-wing people, but no one really cares. As long as the people's opinions are taken in, we are happy. IMO if Americans just respected their leaders, everyone would be that much happier. Remember, everyone has their own opinion of what is right and wrong, but although people say one person can make a differance, most of the time you can't. Then again thats just my opinion.

See, this is what I don't get about Americans and politics, here in Canada, sure we have left-wing and right-wing people, but no one really cares. As long as the people's opinions are taken in, we are happy. IMO if Americans just respected their leaders, everyone would be that much happier. Remember, everyone has their own opinion of what is right and wrong, but although people say one person can make a differance, most of the time you can't. Then again thats just my opinion.

Americans like to debate. Its as simple as that. I am stupid when its comes to this stuff as its best not to talk about it. Your not going to change anyones mind just get them pissed off.

If we elected people worth respecting I would agree with you. It used to be we elected people who we thought would make the tough decisions and take care of the country, now it seems that Americans want to elect someone who will check with us before doing anything. Meanwhile most Americans still can't name more than half of the nations bordering Irag.

The US political systems has become too much like our legal system as well. It's more about one "side" wining than doing what's right for the country.

If we elected people worth respecting I would agree with you. It used to be we elected people who we thought would make the tough decisions and take care of the country, now it seems that Americans want to elect someone who will check with us before doing anything. Meanwhile most Americans still can't name more than half of the nations bordering Irag.

The US political systems has become too much like our legal system as well. It's more about one "side" wining than doing what's right for the country.

We need a president like Regan... the bombing will start in 5 minutes... or even FDR, be him a democrat, but be him a man. He did what he thought was right, same with his cousin Teddy. I can respect bush, but he screwed us witht he healthcare package, we might as well be france with nationalized healthcare. That was to get most of the moderate liberals. Its sad how liberals are hoping our economy goes to crap and we lose the war in Iraq, just so they can win an election.

Its sad how liberals are hoping our economy goes to crap and we lose the war in Iraq, just so they can win an election
This is the number one problem. One side always talk bad about the other, with no regard for the rest of us. If there was a Dem. president the rep. would be the same way. All they (both sides) care about is there job! I thonk its funney how during the Clinton years the Rep. had a big laugh when he shot missiles at Afg. saying that all he was doing was taking the heat off himself. My point is do not blame the other guy, what have YOU done to make it better.

Its sad how liberals are hoping our economy goes to crap and we lose the war in Iraq, just so they can win an election
This is the number one problem. One side always talk bad about the other, with no regard for the rest of us. If there was a Dem. president the rep. would be the same way. All they (both sides) care about is there job! I thonk its funney how during the Clinton years the Rep. had a big laugh when he shot missiles at Afg. saying that all he was doing was taking the heat off himself. My point is do not blame the other guy, what have YOU done to make it better.

he hit an asprin factory, what do you want, a pat on the back? Wag the dog

That's what im saying. He was wrong, Bush is right? He had intel that said it was a good target. Bush had intel about wmd. Rep. can not admight wrong ever. I'm not against the Iraq war, but we will not know for some time (many, many years) if it was a good thing or not.

That's what im saying. He was wrong, Bush is right? He had intel that said it was a good target. Bush had intel about wmd. Rep. can not admight wrong ever. I'm not against the Iraq war, but we will not know for some time (many, many years) if it was a good thing or not.

Well see about the WMD, we will see. What does hitting an aspirin factory and freeing people from a tyranical dictator have in common btw?

Sorry, I was jumping around a little. It had more to do with how both parties blame each other. (it was more about 9-11)

Guest phillyfan

Americans like to debate. Its as simple as that. I am stupid when its comes to this stuff as its best not to talk about it. Your not going to change anyones mind just get them pissed off.

Which is exactly why I have ceased to continue my debate, I am a High School Freshman, with a minor education regarding Global Governments and/or Politics, I don't understand half of the things these College Grads are talking about. :unsure:

Guest phillyfan

Reminds me of a show, believe it was MTV, may be mistaken. But it was a show with a boy doing school project. Somewhere along the line, he had a blank map of the Middle East, and asked random customers at a store to correctly name the countries. I was surprised at how poorly educated Americans were regarding the geography of that region, especially hearing my little brother, in 5th grade, correctly naming 90% of the countries.

Guest phillyfan

Don't take it literally, although some of the other users most likely are...

Im a Conservative Libertarian

So does that mean you beleive that taxes shouldn't exist in a free and democratic society? That is, as you may or may not know, one of the Libretarian party's top political issues. By the way, where did you hear that the media was liberal? It couldn't possible have been from the media could it? Or did you formulate this completely by yourself?

So does that mean you beleive that taxes shouldn't exist in a free and democratic society? That is, as you may or may not know, one of the Libretarian party's top political issues.  By the way, where did you hear that the media was liberal?  It couldn't possible have been from the media could it?  Or did you formulate this completely by yourself?

LOL. Yes, I am a libertarian, but I am for HIGH TAXES. Dont take me for an *****, becuase your making an ***** of yourself. Of course I know what libertarian views are. I do believe taxes should be non existent (excluding military and police), and everything should be paid with user fees. Why should my tax money go to bubba who is lazy and collects a wellfare check. And the liberal bias in the media has to be one of the most obvious bias out there. Even in text books, the liberal bias is obvious. I was watching a documentery on MSNBC about the Palastinine Israli problem, and they were saying how Sharone is going to break all peace proccesses which were operable in the middle east at the time. Peace between those states will never happean. Sharone is just trying to protect his people.

[This user has received a warning for this post because it contained offensive language - rule n° 1 of the MSH-rulebook]

Wow. Resorting to personal attacks. I don't have anything further to say on the matter because I would rather not get into a debate. I come here for hockey not for political discussion. I have dozens of trophies to back up the fact that I can debate, but I don't feel its necessary here.