Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XBIGJIMX

Who makes the largest XL helmet

widest helmet I've tried is the V08, not sure if they have an XL, but most people feel they fit larger than the official size.

I have a Bauer 9500 in XL but it is a little light width wide. Who makes the widest XL helmet? I dont have LHS to try any on

for probably the first and only time, i'm gonna disagree with chadd. i have a wide head too and have tried reebok 8k/6k, ccm v10/v08, and bauer 5100/5500/9900...all in size large, nothing by easton though.

for me, the 6k and 8k were easily the widest. ccm v08 had the biggest fit, but kind of narrow for it's size imo, if that makes any sense. even the bauer 5100 and more so the 9900 fit wider to me than the v08.

for probably the first and only time, i'm gonna disagree with chadd. i have a wide head too and have tried reebok 8k/6k, ccm v10/v08, and bauer 5100/5500/9900...all in size large, nothing by easton though.

for me, the 6k and 8k were easily the widest. ccm v08 had the biggest fit, but kind of narrow for it's size imo, if that makes any sense. even the bauer 5100 and more so the 9900 fit wider to me than the v08.

if the V08 fits anything like the V10 i agree. I am a medium in all helmets, and i can't even wear the V10 because its so narrow that it pinches the sides of my head so much that i can't stand wearing it for more than a minute

I wear the RBK 4K helmet in XL and it is big enough and wide enough for my melon. I've tried other brands in XL, but they put some unwanted pressure on my temples.

To echo Chadd's suggestion. I went from an XL S9 open half-way, to a Medium V08 closed all the way. Great helmet for larger heads!

Disagreement is a good thing when it's based on personal experience. I was just going by the mediums that I've worn.

I've found the V08 to fit larger than just about anything else as well with fitting customers. And the V08 and V10 do NOT fit alike. The 08 is definitely larger.

I wear a medium in everything, but a small in a V08.

Disagreement is a good thing when it's based on personal experience. I was just going by the mediums that I've worn.

medium? hey,you tiny-headed guys need not apply to this thread :wink:

in fairness though, i think i remembered tblfan saying a while back that helmets can fit differently even within a model line when you go from size to size. this seems to hold pretty true seeing all the different opinions on fit from everyone here in the various helmet threads.

widest helmet I've tried is the V08, not sure if they have an XL, but most people feel they fit larger than the official size.

to the contrary I am a M in 8k and S in v08!

That's not contrary to what I was saying, that backs up my statement.

That is exactly what was said, the V08 fits larger, therefore you wear a smaller size than you would in another helmet.

i wear i a med in everything. 8500vn, 4000, 6k, 4k. but a large in the 5000. i have even found that the size even varies in the same size and model from time to time.

I have a 61cm head, see 7 5/8 in fitted hats/caps. Wide. I can fit nicely in the 4500 XL (Nike Bauer shells), 6K FitLight XL (2008-2009, Rbk not Reebok), 4K FitLight (this year Reebok) fits plenty length wise, but it is narrower in the tamples. 6K is an only EPP helmet I can fit into.

Good luck.