Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

Wings/Blue Jackets

So who saw the hit Maltby put on Klesla? That looked mighty painful. Overall it was a fun game to watch. Wish the Jackets would have pulled it out though. Damn wings. I have to settle with watching atleast three of their games this week. Atleast tomorrow my Blues will show them how the game is played :D

Yeah, but Maltby couldn't see the benchdoor open like Claude couldn't see Draper with his back to him. Or something like that.

Juat saw it on sportscenter and he deserves a suspension for it. I always liked Maltby but that was dirty as hell.

Come on Mack. I rewinded it a few times. He never looked at the boards once the door was open, he was dead on to Klesla the whole time. The part that looked dirty was him chirping afterwards. Regardless, the Wings won their 6th conference title in the past 13 years.

And I also hold to my statement that the hit's no dirtier than the Claude hit. I just can't see anyone missing the gaping door when it wasn't just opened.

K i just rewatched it. I still don't think that he saw the door was open, and even if he caught it at the last minute, its not like he could have stopped.

It looked bad but do not know if he know the door was open. They play again saturday.

Kelsa has been hurt most of the year, and he just got back in the line up. That's what sucks!

I didn't see it but my gf was at the game...I'll definitely find out from her.

She was in columbus allright.. she was watching from the tv in my bedroom! <rimshot>

sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

I don't think the hit was dirty. I was watching it as well, guys at my game were closer to the action said Maltby said something about not seeing the door. He had his eyes up on Klesla the whole time.. actually Klesla is doing fine, just a "charlie horse".

Maltby does some stupid things that I can't stand over the years, but this one wasn't intentional at all. Maltby just has one of those "whiney" game faces that make you want to punch him at times... which is what it looked like after the hit (though I'm sure he was more angry at himself) he's not quite a barnaby, but in that same area...

Since they play again on Sat. I just hope Shelley doesn't get any bright ideas about going out of the season "a hero". Causing yet another injury to detroit's lineup. If he does, I think Fischer would pound him to sand...

I saw the hit and I dont think Draper tried to put him in the door. It did look really painful though, I thought he mighta got his jewels on the edge of the boards/door and not his stomach or leg but I guess people are saying charlie horse. He's lucky he isn't hurt bad, he could have got internal injuries or something perhaps...?

Hoping NSH makes it against DET...I can get tix for that.

I don't!! The way Nashville's been on a tear they scare me... the loss early on against nashville was one of the worst of the season for Detroit. I'd much rather play the blues than a young hungry nashville. At least if we play the blues we KNOW we're going past the first round... ;)

He could have easily got some nasty internal damage. Arvedson took a hit like that and missed a significant amount of time to having some innards ripped.

Honestly, I don't know why they need to open the benchdoors in the first place... on a goalie pull I can understand, but the players jump over them to get on, they can jump over to get off... I don't know if I've ever used a door unless I was injured.

and think of all the funny bloopers when people do chin plants (ala beer league) ;)

At least if we play the blues we KNOW we're going past the first round... 

Ouch. I think the Blues will put up more of a fight than that. Osgood has more expierience than 6 of the other goalies who would be in the Western Conference playoffs. I think your underestimating the Blues. Or atleast I hope so :D

At least if we play the blues we KNOW we're going past the first round... 

Ouch. I think the Blues will put up more of a fight than that. Osgood has more expierience than 6 of the other goalies who would be in the Western Conference playoffs. I think your underestimating the Blues. Or atleast I hope so :D

I was just "poking the bear". ;) I've got a buddy who's a blues fan, his self loathing usually kicks in around playoff time when anyone mentions anything "red"...

Lol. Yeah I've been a Blues fan nearly all my life, so instinctively I have a hate for the Red Wings. If I go to Boston for college though I'm not sure what I'm going to do :unsure:

Yeah, I've been trying to follow the Bruins alot lately because BU is high on my list of colleges I would like to go to. It shouldn't be to hard because I really like Raycroft, Gonchar, Thorton, and the bunch.

Hoping NSH makes it against DET...I can get tix for that.

I don't!! The way Nashville's been on a tear they scare me... the loss early on against nashville was one of the worst of the season for Detroit. I'd much rather play the blues than a young hungry nashville. At least if we play the blues we KNOW we're going past the first round... ;)

Isn't that the game Stevie got like 30 PIMs? I'd much rather play St. Louis in the first round than Nashville. Overachieving teams scare me.

I saw that first one coming. I was thinking to myself "what the hell is Hull doing taking the draw?" But on a lighter note, Devereaux scored. Thats one of those things you don't see too often, and by that I mean at all.