Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Pre-game for the Sox

Dock Ellis pitched while high on LSD in 1970. It was true.

Boomer Wells claimed he was hungover but most people don't believe it. He said it to sell his book.

Boomer Wells claimed he was hungover but most people don't believe it. He said it to sell his book.

I just assumed he has a hangover more days than not, so I figured it could be true.

I don't doubt Wells nursing a slight hangover..it was '98 albeit early in the year and the Yankees were already cruising to that 114-48 season...and while he may just have a couple drinks before turning in on the road when in the company of all his teammates...those guys used to party hard at places like Gaslight, etc..where the owner used to stay open late for them when on a homestand..although nothing like the Yankees of the 70's and 80's..thank goodness..

Boomer is actually a pretty cool guy, he just doesn't want to put up with the autograph hounds,etc..if you approach him like a normal guy and just shoot the bs..he's much different..

A guy that played with me last year was a regular player, didn't score a goal for about 5 games sober. On the 6th game, came to the came drunk like a redneck in Alabama. He scored 3 goals that game and had an assist. He didn't score for the rest of the season while he was again sober.

i don't know about you guys but i hear plenty of stories of guys who play better high. it supposedly gives them better view of the ice and they end up being able to pull off more moves because they're calm :ph34r:

I'm not going to say drinking before you play is a good idea, but one night after work a group of us went out for a couple drinks and time ended up slipping away and I ended up going right from the bar to the rink for pick up...I think I had 2 (maybe three) drinks in about 3 hours and I played pretty good that night. Maybe becasue I was "loose" I dunno. But, for what it's worth, that's my story.

My personal opinion on all this is probably the dumbest thing you can do while playing a contact sport. All your muscles are relaxed and your reflexes are slowed down considerable so one would be much more susceptable to injury.

My personal opinion on all this is probably the dumbest thing you can do while playing a contact sport. All your muscles are relaxed and your reflexes are slowed down considerable so one would be much more susceptable to injury.

Have you seen Manny play the field? It wouldn't matter.

Another reason why not to play drunk - alcohol dehydrates you. Then you drink a ton of water while playing to overcompensate, and all of a sudden it's barf city on the bench...

Played hungover but the only times we drank before and during games were for outdoor pickups. Nothing like flaming jacks to get the furnace going, even if it actually opens you up to more cold.

i don't know about you guys but i hear plenty of stories of guys who play better high. it supposedly gives them better view of the ice and they end up being able to pull off more moves because they're calm :ph34r:

Yeah there were a few kids like that on my team. We were number three in the state, one is playing at a solid D-3, the other is one of the best in the state. On the bus ride to our state semi's game one kid was in the back of the bus takin shots, played a sick game, the other only came to practice and one game sober, played like shit and just kept flipping out on kids. Also at a tourny in Marlborough this spring, the Jr. kids on my team all had the water bottles filled up with beer, and we just sat in the lockeroom pregaming, still won too haha.

Nothing like being a functional alcoholic at 18...

read the articles on guys like Max Middendorf and Bryan Fogarty..look at what they pissed away