Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twiztidwrista10

"feathering the toe cap"

Hey all. I'm starting to think my X60's are a little to small and/or my foot grew a little over the last year (even tho I'm 20). So I have a specific question about skate fit, in what bodily position should the toes feather the inside of the toe cap, aka the "ideal" fit? I wear anywhere from a 10-11 in shoes, and my X60's are 8.5D. While sitting, with my feet up/heels kicked back my toes really don't touch the end of the toe cap at all. Although, while standing straight up I have no problem rubbing my toes against the toe cap, and while bending at the knees my toes seem to "feather" the toe cap. I always read/was told its better to get skates on the smaller side compared to the bigger side, but I think I may have overdone it? Are my skates too small? Thanks.

Hey all. I'm starting to think my X60's are a little to small and/or my foot grew a little over the last year (even tho I'm 20). So I have a specific question about skate fit, in what bodily position should the toes feather the inside of the toe cap, aka the "ideal" fit? I wear anywhere from a 10-11 in shoes, and my X60's are 8.5D. While sitting, with my feet up/heels kicked back my toes really don't touch the end of the toe cap at all. Although, while standing straight up I have no problem rubbing my toes against the toe cap, and while bending at the knees my toes seem to "feather" the toe cap. I always read/was told its better to get skates on the smaller side compared to the bigger side, but I think I may have overdone it? Are my skates too small? Thanks.

They sound ok to me. Are they so small that they hurt? If not, they are fine.

Nope, no pain. Very pleased so far with the X60's actually. Sometimes when I've fallen due to a hit, catching an edge, ect. and my feet have gone toes first into the ice it feels like my toes will get smashed up against the toe box a little... makes me a little worried about taking a clapper to the toe box tho, which I thankfully have yet to encounter but I'm sure my time is coming.

You should take out the footbed and base it on your foot's size in relation.

Some skate manufacturers use the same footbed for both size 7 and 7.5 skates.... 10 and 10.5 skates... etc.

Not a definitive fit reference point.

feathering the toecap is very inaccurate if it is a new skate. You should take out the footbed and base it on your foot's size in relation. iw has a great video on fitting.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/learningcenter.html?ccode=LC008

Looks to me like Tyson uses the footbed to find the approximate size, then explains how the foot should fit in the skate, using the heel and the toe cap, among other things.

feathering the toecap is very inaccurate if it is a new skate. You should take out the footbed and base it on your foot's size in relation. iw has a great video on fitting.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/learningcenter.html?ccode=LC008

Yep, interpathway nailed it. Same footbed can be used on three different sizes of skates.

As for the original poster, you have a perfect fit.