Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

Mission S500

Hey guys,

just picked up a pair of Mission S500s, but I'm worried that they may be too stiff for me. They weren't painful in the store, but I'm not sure how they'll be once I hit the ice. The selling factor over the S400s was the liner and that the S400s felt a little soft.

Hoping Justin and JR, you guys can answer this for me. I'm 5'8", 155lbs. Skate twice a week (4 hours total). Will I be able to break these bad boys in (without baking!) or should I downgrade? Also, is it possible to put a TUUK holder on S500s?

Thanks guys!

You will definitely be able to break them in. The skate actually has little break in time...you should be able to do it a 2-3 weeks at your rate of skating.

Also, it is possible to put a TUUK on the S500, but try the pitch on neutral (standard setting)....its a solid holder, you'll like it I'm sure if you skate on TUUKs

I never baked mine and never had a problem. I skated in them twice the first day I had them, then played in a 24 hour charity game with no issues. As I understand it, the pitch holders have the same rivet pattern as a Tuuk. If you do decide to swap you shouldn't have to drill holes. I really like the pitch, it's similar to a Tuuk and has no major problems. You may just want to have the steel profiled to 9ft if you don't like them the way they come from Mission.

then played in a 24 hour charity game with no issues.

24 hour long game? :o

Please post some more about it, i'm really curious to hear about it.

(sorry for the OT post beaucoup)

then played in a 24 hour charity game with no issues.

24 hour long game? :o

Please post some more about it, i'm really curious to hear about it.

(sorry for the OT post beaucoup)

two teams, each made up of an A and a B squad. one game on, one game off for 24 hours. I had a fan in the locker room and my skates dried out fully between games, no problems with blisters or fit at all.

do the zambonis pass each hours??and do it all the 17 player (of each team) played all the 28 hours...or they had replacement????

men this thing look nice lol!!!!!!!!!! 204-168!!!!!!! WHAT A HOT GAME!LMAO

EDIT:SORRY.....when i post my reply chadd reply to it too and he answer me...

You may just want to have the steel profiled to 9ft if you don't like them the way they come from Mission.

what does it come as on the s500? I'm waithing for a pair from Justin, it would be nice to know... also, if anyone can confirm the tuuk swap thing if it's tru...

You may just want to have the steel profiled to 9ft if you don't like them the way they come from Mission.

what does it come as on the s500? I'm waithing for a pair from Justin, it would be nice to know... also, if anyone can confirm the tuuk swap thing if it's tru...

11ft, same as a cobra. I only mentioned it to him as he was thinking of switching to a holder with a 9ft radius.

Heat Fit, Heat Fit, Heat Fit.....

This eliminates 95% of the break in problems. Since there is no plastic, every part of the skate is completly heat formable.

Heat Fit them and should be happy...

Justin

This eliminates 95% of the break in problems. Since there is no plastic, every part of the skate is completly heat formable.

Justin

What material is used for the toe cap?

Justin

I didn't even heatbake mine and I had 0 issues after the second skate.

Imagine if you did heat fit them... :)

soo.. fit problems + heatfit = 0 fit problems.

thus, heatfit = - fit problems

thus heatfit = a negative amount of problems

thus, heat fit your skates?

. As I understand it, the pitch holders have the same rivet pattern as a Tuuk. If you do decide to swap you shouldn't have to drill holes. I really like the pitch, it's similar to a Tuuk and has no major problems.

Can anyone confirm this to be true? has anyone converted more than a pair without having to drill holes?