Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mickz

Pregame

Go in, dress up my stall

stall.jpg

Drink a Bull, throw in a lip, tape some sticks. Get dressed - always left to right. When I'm done, sit down and close my eyes and relax for a few minutes.

I stretch on the bench while the Zam's out.

What kinda skates are those JR, are they G...somethings?

I eat eggs, bacon, and toast. with a tall glass of milk for breakfast.

Then i have a nap

I usually break for a pregame meal about an hour before.

-for home games: Breaded Chicken Wings w/ franks red hot, fries, a pepsi vanilla

-away games: Nice 6" individual pizza, with an orange, a bag of lays, water

After my meal I re-tape my handles on my stick, then go to the game.

This may not surprise some of the guys here, but I do a little workout before the game, about 40 min before and I go off on my own a bit so my teammates don't make too much fun of me, but I just need it to be able to play at my full strength, especially with dangling and shooting with my forearms. Then I watch other games going on (always at tournaments) listening to musica or chillin with my goalie (damn, he just graduated). Then I put my gear on in no particular order, try to get my teammates to talk a bit about strategy and about the other team's strengths and weaknesses, then fail miserably and occassionally rip a slapper in warmups that hits a crease in the goalie's arm padding and give him a little stinger that, if we lose the game, he will use to blame me for everything. It's a great time

Then i have a nap

-for home games: Breaded Chicken Wings w/ franks red hot, fries, a pepsi vanilla

wow. How old are you? Cause if you actually play in the GTHL, and your over like 12 I would think if your coaches ever found out that is what you eat before a game they would probably tell you not to do that again if you had a crappy game and blame it on that.I know my coach is big on nutriotion and would kill me..I suppose if your amazing than it would be ok because it clearly wouldn't be affecting you..but in any case..............

Then i have a nap

-away games: Nice 6" individual pizza, with an orange,  a bag of lays, water

wow. How old are you? Cause if you actually play in the GTHL, and your over like 12 I would think if your coaches ever found out that is what you eat before a game they would probably tell you not to do that again if you had a crappy game and blame it on that.I know my coach is big on nutriotion and would kill me..I suppose if your amazing than it would be ok because it clearly wouldn't be affecting you..but in any case..............

im 14 on the mississauga braves aa team. Well our team is pretty good 1st place for like 4 years in a row now. The first time I ate that stuff I felt better on the ice. Now i always eat that. I am second in points and third in goals (i dont mean to brag). That food just tastes good man :)

btw, I'll have to change my diet starting Wednesday, my team will be out of town in port huron, SILVERSTICK! anyone goin?

Then i have a nap

Sounds like alot to eat before a game = P I usually eat next to nothing.

Then i have a nap

-away games: Nice 6" individual pizza, with an orange,  a bag of lays, water

im 14 on the mississauga braves aa team. Well our team is pretty good 1st place for like 4 years in a row now. The first time I ate that stuff I felt better on the ice. Now i always eat that. I am second in points and third in goals (i dont mean to brag). That food just tastes good man :)

btw, I'll have to change my diet starting Wednesday, my team will be out of town in port huron, SILVERSTICK! anyone goin?

Hey you won that thing! You guys smoked us in the tourny. Is that your first time to Port Huron? I went when we won it in Brampton. The opening ceremonies were pretty cool.

hey lol, yeah we played you guys at the early bird tournament at the hershey center. It will be myfirst time going to the silver stick with this team (since its my first year). The opening ceremonies were sweet.

when your teams come onto the ice for warmups do you have a song to come out to, our team comes out to Welcome to the Jungle, Guns N' Roses

I like to get there 45 minutes early. Go watch game before hand untill the 'boni comes on to flood inbetween the 2nd and 3rd. Go get dressed. Get half dressed, go watch some more, come in, stretch, get dressed. Chill and shoot the shit 'till it's time to go out. Hard outa the gate and two hard laps. Go stretch at half-boards. Fool around with puck. Do warm up drills. Tap goalie on pads, so take position at right D.

i eat a huge diner at mcdonalds 15 minutes before game time i get there 10 minutes before the game starts and i get dressed............. jk i carbo load 3 hours before the game than i get tehre 45 minutes earlie. i get dressed, stretch, than our coach talkes to us and than we warm up