Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mickz

Pregame

I made the mistake of having a pastrami sandwich before my game today...MAJOR let down after the first. I convinced myself that the meat had good protein and the bread had good carbs. Theres a Hawaiian place in town that I go to before games usually for chicken. It seems to work out fine. I know its not the absolute best thing to eat before a game, but I figure if I don't eat great the other 6 days a week, that one meal won't make a huge impact.

Well, don't have a double cheeseburger meal supersized. Usually it's chicken and rice for me. I tape my sticks before each ice time now at home, too. Half a powerade before the game, half a powerade after.

4 plates of pasta 1 hour before a game isnt a great idea either. I didnt puke or anything, but it was the only game so far this year I havn't scored it. It was like having a 10lb rock in your stomach.

Nothing unusual for me. I am going to start playing with a weighted ball before my games now. I generally don't eat dinner the day of. For High school games I wouldn't eat at all that day. I find eating makes me puke before games. I generally get there about 50 min before game time. Watch the guys on before us a bit then hang out with the guys in the change room.

my pre games rits are, tape stick at home, wax at the rink, crack my knuckles on the way too the rink, put my right piece of equipment on first always, like my right shin first, my right glove first, my right elbow first...you get the idea. also if its a big game i have to 'calm my nerves' about an hour before.

Get to the rink 1 -1/2 hours before the game. Talk to the guys about who got laid the night before, who got t-bagged, who got rejected... ect. Turn the music on for about 45 minutes before we go out. Seek and Destroy while we hit the ice.

Nothing Special

"put my right piece of equipment on first always, like my right shin first, my right glove first, my right elbow first"

Wow.. what are the odds? I do the too, with the right piece and everything. Thats crazy!

always listen to kiss at home before game, and always listen to reggae on the way. Drink 1 hansen's energy drink exactly 45 minutes before game time. stich handle in corner of rink on my own.

Thats about it. But I always put my stuff on left to right. I think thats normal though.

Go in, dress up my stall

stall.jpg

Drink a Bull, throw in a lip, tape some sticks. Get dressed - always left to right. When I'm done, sit down and close my eyes and relax for a few minutes.

I stretch on the bench while the Zam's out.

I eat something about 2 hours before I play. Get to the rink early, bullshit with people, see what's going on. Then it's, mp3 player + calm music. Start chewing a piece of gum that I don't spit out till after games, then put on my lower body stuff(left to right). Then, about 5-10mins before game time I put my upper body stuff on.

eat peanut butter and banana sandwich with water, and shadowboxing, it seems to get my timing right and my coordination as well as mental concentration. then usually just sit down to clear my head, take a cat nap, maybe meditate. it helps alot.

Drink a lot of water in the morning. Stretch sporatically during the day. Buy a yellow gatorade right before arriving at the rink. Another short stretch. Play and pray

Game day consists usually of...

No Caffine, No Soft Drinks, Low Salt in foods and especially No Alchy-hole the night before.

Pasta for lunch.

2 hrs before game time I have a toasted cheese sandwhich with herbs

arrive at rink at least 45 mins before game time.

Start getting changed when Stu does (Our goalie). I like to take my time even though Im on floor.

15 mins before game I get my puckhandling started in the middle of the change room I like to build a rhythm up before warm up.

5 mins before I meditate. All the guys used to throw shit at me when I started this but since then I have scored 7 goals in 6 games so they appreciate its importance and leave me alone.

Take 2-3 slapshots and a few peanalty shots on Stu then we break off from the group and do our streches.

Take my position on the wing, smile at the guy next to me and the shit begins!!!

:D

Drink a Redbull

Get dressed

Listen to the band Thursday

Skate 2 laps around our zone

Launch a couple heavy slappers

Try new breakaway moves

Then start the game as center :lol:

Honey nut Cheerios for breakfast

banana for lunch

water through out the day

home games I go home eat small 3 hours before the game then sit around and relax.

get to rink about 1 hour 15 mins. before game. Throw on head phones.

listen to: Trapt, Kite Eating tree, Thursday rock bands. I get changed left to right. Everyone lines up to go out and wait for 2 minutes. I put on helmet and listen to Underoath-reinventing your exit.

all the guys dont wear shoulder pads for whatever reason but I do.

Last on the ice for all intermissions and for warm ups.

Last to start stretching...last to end stretching.

Same stretch

Last to shoot which is 4 backhanders from the slot all top shelf.

then after they resurface the ice and do the announcing for starters. When I get called I do 3 quick strides to the blue line.

after the team yelling deal in the crease I skate back along the goal line and turn to smack the goalies pads 1 last time. Then go win the draw B)

Very repetitive and supersticious but....lead in Goals and points