Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranger-#8

Sock help

I have started to skate barefoot, and I like the grip i get in my skate, but the skate is really scratching up my shins where the tongue is. Do you guys hav any suggestions.

look around for a thin sock. i know of some guys on my team that have really thin socks,. they like them and that would prlly give you the layer between your toungue and shin you need to prevent irritation

I only wear ankle socks when I skate so the same thing happens to my shins. I just put the shin guard under the tounge and it goes away.

but wouldn't that just be like wearing a regular sock? or better yet, instead of mutilating a perfectly good pair of socks, get some legwarmers like those ballet dancers :D

Don't laugh -

Years ago I used to skate sockless, however, Bauer skates used to come up too high on me and rub against the top of my ankle. My solution was to cut up a sock, tape it up and wear it like a Bunga Pad.

Don't laugh -

Years ago I used to skate sockless, however, Bauer skates used to come up too high on me and rub against the top of my ankle. My solution was to cut up a sock, tape it up and wear it like a Bunga Pad.

It that how they did it back in MIA. :lol:

cut the tops off high socks

Then the rest of the sock would fray and eventually be destroyed unless you somehow put a "cuff" type thing on it.

My friend uses dress socks as well. I use Nike Dri Fits, they're a great sock that breathes real well. The day I can justify spending $20 on socks I'll pick up some Oxysox.

Just find a pair of sanitary socks. They are mostly used for baseball to go under the stirrups. I know most people don't wear baseball stirrups anymore and wear a solid color sock but if you go to a place that sells baseball equipment they should know what you are talking about. Just make sure you ask for "sanitary" socks. They are definitely long enough and very thin.

Just find a pair of sanitary socks. They are mostly used for baseball to go under the stirrups. I know most people don't wear baseball stirrups anymore and wear a solid color sock but if you go to a place that sells baseball equipment they should know what you are talking about. Just make sure you ask for "sanitary" socks. They are definitely long enough and very thin.

UA soccer socks are the same way, super long and thin.

Pear makes an excellent sock for skating. Very thin so you don't lose feel, yet I've had some for years.