Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seanmulvy83

Adding hang to cage

Hey guys I got a new chrome 480 and bauer 5500. Do you guys sag your cage buy lowering the hooks that hold the cage on the side of the helmet. Or do you just loosen your straps?

If it won't fit by flipping the loops over up front where it pivots... and then won't fit any better by moving the J-hooks... then get a cage that will. No sense in leaving it loose as that defeats the purpose. And use the J-hooks too.

Hey guys I got a new chrome 480 and bauer 5500. Do you guys sag your cage buy lowering the hooks that hold the cage on the side of the helmet. Or do you just loosen your straps?

once I read 'hang' and '480', my PHEW radar went haywire...don't be a PHEW-tard, wear your cage properly. It will save your from concussions, lost teeth, cuts, bruises, you name it.

once I read 'hang' and '480', my PHEW radar went haywire...don't be a PHEW-tard, wear your cage properly. It will save your from concussions, lost teeth, cuts, bruises, you name it.

Second that... used to wear a bubble loose aka " with hang" went in for a puck in the corner got hit from behind which resulted the cage hitting the boards then my face and put a nice gash across my chin and loosened my teeth a bit moral of the story yeah it looks cool but s*** don't jeopardize your career to look cool. things can happen on a dime.

Not a good Idea, when I was younger I thought it would be a good idea to do it and ended up with 18 stitches in my chin. Wear it like its made to wear. But if you want stitches, broken jaw or a concussion be my guess.

I was in a collision one time with a guy who was wearing a improper fitting cage. He ended up having the cage break the bone above his upper front teeth.

Like others have said wear the cage right & save yourself unneeded injury.

Hahaha. Alright thanks.