Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjtt99

Visor Help

Anybody here have an opinion on the HS22? I got one for my Bday, I'm deciding if I should keep it or return it and get a "certified" one like the Oakley. I'm just going to be playing beer league low contact stuff, so is it a big deal to get one that attaches to the top of the helmet?

Anybody here have an opinion on the HS22? I got one for my Bday, I'm deciding if I should keep it or return it and get a "certified" one like the Oakley. I'm just going to be playing beer league low contact stuff, so is it a big deal to get one that attaches to the top of the helmet?

If you're playing in a no-contact adult league then I find that face protection is even more crucial. Since there is no checking or anything, I find that other players tend to slash and high stick a LOT, much more than if checking were allowed.

I play in a no-checking adult league and where a ITech visor that doesn't attach to the top, it's really not a big deal as long as it's tighted down properly and I like the freedom of being able to choose how far away from my face the shield is because I like it really close almost touching my nose.

Like I said before, it being certified doesn't mean that it jsut attaches to the top. The length also has to do with it. The certified one is at least 1" longer.

Certified

gateway.jpg

Non-certified

gateway.jpg