Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles83

Easton Stealth RS Stick

My son's is doing the same thing. Probably around 2-3 months and is a Junior stick as well. I think it "only" cost $179 for the junior though (not $200+). It is starting to delaminate at the toe. Gonna put some two part epoxy in the end of it to see if I can save it. I didn't really expect a top of the line stick to be a tank though. It's my fault for buying such a high end stick for a squirt! BTW... I have always taped the toe (I actually put three layers of tape at the toe) and it still happened.

I have had no problems with MY (senior) RS other than it broke in the shaft from blocking a very hard slapshot (better it than me!)... not the stick's fault... and Easton replaced it even though it was 12 days out of warranty.

You got very very lucky because that warranty claim is technically invalid because like you said, it wasn't the stick's fault. Easton did you a big favor :p

I've seen quite a few of the jr models with splitting toes. I actually had several come in brand new from Easton that I could put a fingernail between the two layers of the blade right at the toe.

I've also had others in the same batch without an issue, so here's hoping it was a bad batch and Easton is taking care of those that happened to get them.

My brother's ended up cracking along the bottom of the middle of the blade. Like the part that is actually in contact with the ice. Come to think of it, my Vapor XXX Lite did the same thing as well...

I had all 3 of the RS's that I purchased split along the bottom middle of the blade. Great stick for performance, and the shaft durability was solid, but the blade durability was absolutely brutal.

I had all 3 of the RS's that I purchased split along the bottom middle of the blade. Great stick for performance, and the shaft durability was solid, but the blade durability was absolutely brutal.

On the flipside, I've been using the same RS since I purchased it on release date with absolutely no problems what-so-ever. Only down side is I wish I had gotten a stiffer flex.

I like my RS and now prices are down I'm trying to decide on two things. Find more RS grips in the curve I like at saving 60 bucks or go with the RS 2 for the new blade improvements. Anyone see positives going to the RS 2?

I just snapped the shaft of my original RS on a slap shot last week, and I don't usually break shafts. But it did last for a year with 2 skates a week rec. hockey. I'm now using the RS II (2 games so far). The blade of the new version is stiffer, but then again I say that about all my new sticks as my blades have usually gone soft. Also the new version is about 1-1/8" shorter than my original. We'll see how the new one performs once I get use to it...

I ended up buying another RS1 last year when they went on super sale at HG, but my first one shattered at the elliptical part when I blocked a shot with it. I loved playing with it (and the discounted price), but everything I'm reading states that the RSII is more durable. Was there anything specific that Easton did differently when it came to the RSII?

McAwesome,

The blade is different if you got to Easton's website there is information about the new blade. There is also a video on the construction of it.

Was in a hockey shop yesterday to check out the new RS 2 and is the grip different from the RS? I have an RS grip and the RS 2 grip feels more sticky like the Bauer grip. Anyone notice this or was able to tell a difference.