Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bdh13

Graf GX Series

I also would love to hear more feedback from people that have tried the new G75.

Are they stiff? really stiff? Has anyone seen any pic's of the G75 in the White trim option?

Ok any and all infor and impressions on these skates would be great

thanX

Yes they are stiff. Lower cut then my total one and not as deep. Great forward flex. I hope they are deep enough.

Will skate with them at Sumer jam before the game and see how I like them. If not will skate in my TO and return them.

They are the most comfortable boot I have ever tried on. Never skated in Grafs so it will be a learning experience.

They felt great just was getting ankle pain. My ankle bone on the inner left does not hit the padding. It hit in between the padding and eyelets. Same issue with my TOs. I had my TOs blown out to relieve some pressure. I did like the lower cut boot. You can really move around good. I will be returning the skates. I was really hoping they would work.

Just wish I did not have the ankle issue.

What kind of shop allow you to buy skates, (probably to sharpen them), try them on the ice and allow you to return them ?????

You still need some break-in period. The fantasy of skates that fit right away without any breaking-in is extremely rare despite all you can read.

Trust me I know the won't work with the ankle pain. Only way they would work is to get them punched out and the they won't be returnable so they are going back.

Secret. Before I bought them I asked if returnable and the said yes even tho they are sharpened and heat molded. Just don't scuff them up and no puck marks.

Crazy stuff :good:

I believe they can easily put them back in their box and they will still look new to someone who don't pay attention

I understand you don't want to give away the shop :biggrin:

How are the heels on these? I'm coming out of C width One90s (X60 D width is way too wide and high cut for my foot), considering picking up the G75 in an N width.

To give a bit more feedback on these...I picked up a pair of G75s today in a 7R. The N felt too narrow and even after a bake, I was unable to get my foot all the way back in the skate. I'd say the fit can be likened to a narrower, shallower, lower cut One95 (they were shallower than the G35X i tried on as well). The height of the boot is the same as my older C width One90's and the heel width is roughly the same as well. I'll be putting LS2s on them later this week and am open to doing a long term review since it seems like there isn't too much info out there on this model.

Anyone wearing the G75's coming from 705/G5? I've always worn 705's and I'm thinking of trying these out.

I have G75s and have most recently worn G70s. I believe they are very similar to G70: very slightly shallower (though still deep), bigger toe box, and less pronounced (straighter) heel (which I expect works for more feet). Relative to 709, less deep, larger toe box, narrower heel. Relative to 705 (it's been awhile), slightly deeper, larger toe box, perhaps slightly narrower heel.

G75 offers no weight advantage over G70. However, G75 is noticeably more protective over all previous Graf skates (taken shots off of many).

Nice to hear they have a wider toebox. I was very tempted to pick up some G70's on clearance, but the narrow toe box turned me off.

How long have you been wearing htem Polarlight?

Nice to hear they have a wider toebox. I was very tempted to pick up some G70's on clearance, but the narrow toe box turned me off.

How long have you been wearing htem Polarlight?

A couple of months. I prefer them to G70s. They do take a bit more time to break in relative to previous Graf skates.

Relative to 705 (it's been awhile), slightly deeper, larger toe box, perhaps slightly narrower heel.

Wow, I just got the 705's last year and actually had to have them punched out on one of them due to them not being wide enough at the box. Guess the new wider toe box would've made that unnecessary. Narrower heel too? Sounds like a perfect fit for my narrow heel and wide forefoot. Guess I'll have to check them out if my 705's ever give out(with Graf who knows how long that'll be :))

Does anyone have any info on the fit of the G65?

I'm still tempted to get some G75's, but am a little nervous about the depth. On their website it lists them as being deep, but judging by some of the above comments they may not be quite as deep as the G70. Is that correct?

Thought I'd update this. I just purchased some G75's and have just tried them on. They are not quite deep enough which is a shame, and the outsole looks pretty slap dash in the way it's been mounted to the boot, images below.

Apart from that they're super comfortable and the wider toebox is perfect. The tongue is very supple and the arch seems to be working well thus far, though I'll know more when I skate on them. Heel lock looks to be superb. It's a shame they're not a touch deeper, so we'll see how they work out. A combination of these and the 709's would be ideal for me. The depth of the 709, combined with the heel and toebox of the G75 = my perfect skate.

For anyone interested in sizing, I'm a 12US and ordered 10.5W's. The length is spot on, with my toes scraping the end cap.

527969_10151265634227468_439458757_n.jpg532617_10151265634877468_1357356256_n.jpg

417437_10151265656552468_1951168161_n.jpg428474_10151265655602468_1177429334_a.jpg

Not sure if anyone is interested, but G75 info is hard to come by so I'll post up my findings thus far.

Had the skates baked, and they're the most comfortable boot I've ever slipped on. Heel lock is excellent, and the wider toebox is perfect for me. Depth is still a slight concern, but I skated on them last night and didn't experience any lace bite or discomfort. In fact, they were only sore for perhaps 10 minutes, and I didn't notice them after that. My calf area was a bit sore due to the gym and the added forward lean of the Graf's, but the actual boot itself was very nice with no hot spots.

Very happy with my purchase thus far.