Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnjm22

Least Baggy Roller Hockey Pants

I recently started getting back into roller hockey. Back when I played, I used an ice hockey setup on my lower body. This time around, I wanted something lighter, so I bought light shin guards (Sherwood 5030), a Valken V-Lite girdle, and Mission A3 pants to go over them. The shin guards and girdle are great, but the pants are ridiculously baggy. They look awkward.

Does anyone know of some tighter fitting pants? I'm tall and a bit lanky(6'2 170lbs).

Reebok and Valken run shorter in the leg and narrower in the calf than Mission, which are huge by comparison

Ace pants aren't very baggy at all, they are fairly tight from the knee down.

+1.

Ace pants are comfortable, yet not overly baggy.

That said, I actually though my new Mission T6 pants were fairly form-fitting, as well. Then again, I must have more junk in the trunk. FML.

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at the RBK pants, based on the dimensions listed at IW, I can probably fit into a small.

Where do you get Ace pants at? I don't see them anywhere.

Another thing I don't like about roller hockey pants is all the far out designs. I just want something simple. The black RBK's with the white logo looks pretty clean. Has anyone tried the Bauer pants?

BRXP-BK.JPG

Is it possible to just purchase one pair of ace pants, I thought the only way you could get them was in bulk?

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at the RBK pants, based on the dimensions listed at IW, I can probably fit into a small.

Another thing I don't like about roller hockey pants is all the far out designs. I just want something simple. The black RBK's with the white logo looks pretty clean. Has anyone tried the Bauer pants?

BRXP-BK.JPG

I have the Reebok 5K (and was looking for the same things as you [tight, modest design], and I think it will be perfect for what you are looking for. I am 5'7" 155bs, medium fits great for me (I bought them when I was a little larger around the waist).

Another vote for Ace pants. Love mine.

Is it possible to just purchase one pair of ace pants, I thought the only way you could get them was in bulk?

I believe they still sell individual all black pairs if you contact them directly. Worth giving them a call.

EDIT: Contact info from acejerseys.com

info@acejerseys.com Or CALL US at 1-800-830-0753 9:00am-5:00pm EST

BRXP-BK.JPG

Considering Bauer owns Mission...I have a feeling they may be similar to Missions. The mesh cuffs look just like my old BSX pants I tossed in favor of the 5K.

I found that the Mission pants that have shin slings are a tighter fit. I had the CSX pants (they look similar to the A3's as neither have the shin slings) and when they gave out, I got the Soldier Blacks. I have a similar lanky build, and they feel and look alot less baggier. The straps keep the pant and shinguard nice and tight to the leg.

I went ahead and ordered the Reebok 5Ks in medium from IW. Hopefully they fit well.

Now I just need to find someone who makes form fitting jerseys!

I went ahead and ordered the Reebok 5Ks in medium from IW. Hopefully they fit well.

Now I just need to find someone who makes form fitting jerseys!

Reebok EDGE replica jerseys are the way to go. That with the 5K and I looked like a black blur.

Reebok EDGE replica jerseys are the way to go. That with the 5K and I looked like a black blur.

Aren't the edge jersey's made for ice hockey though? (Meaning they're probably a bit heavier and less breathable) And I think they're only available NHL team style with or without the logo crest.

I bought a couple of cheap, solid color practice jerseys. I'm going to have my lady friend try and sow them up a little to make them fit me better.

Aren't the edge jersey's made for ice hockey though? (Meaning they're probably a bit heavier and less breathable) And I think they're only available NHL team style with or without the logo crest.

I bought a couple of cheap, solid color practice jerseys. I'm going to have my lady friend try and sow them up a little to make them fit me better.

They're not just for ice hockey. It is slightly heavier (reinforced arms/shoulders) than a CCM practice jersey, but it's considerably lighter than an old CCM game jersey. It's actually designed to breathe extremely well and I've never once felt hot in it (and I played a game in 110 degree weather outdoors). Yeah, they're only available in NHL colors without a logo, but it worked with my team's color scheme.

http://img.inlinewarehouse.com/ProductImages/BRXP-BK.JPG

I got the Bauer pants yesterday. They are simply A3's or old BSX's with different graphics. I was hoping they were going to be Soldiers withou the shin sling...

Unless you really want the look of the Bauers, the Missions are cheaper.

Well I got my RBK 5K pants last night. The UPS guy showed up at 9PM!

I think the pants are still a little baggy, but much, much, better than the Missions. Also, I'm wearing the lightest shin guards and girdle I could find, so that might be a reason why the pants are slightly baggy.

So overall I'm happy with the pants. Not only do they fit better than the Mission A3's, they also appear to be made of high quality materials, and the waist fastening on the RBK's is much better too. By comparison the Mission's just seem cheap. The A3's were the 1st Mission product I ever bought, and I don't think I'll be buying any Mission gear in the future.

I also ordered THESE, so I don't have to put tape over my pants. I tried them out and I'm happy with them as well. Definitely recommended if you need to keep your shin guards in place but don't want to put tape on your pants.

Well I got my RBK 5K pants last night.

So overall I'm happy with the pants. Not only do they fit better than the Mission A3's, they also appear to be made of high quality materials, and the waist fastening on the RBK's is much better too. By comparison the Mission's just seem cheap. The A3's were the 1st Mission product I ever bought, and I don't think I'll be buying any Mission gear in the future.

Interesting. I owned the 5K's before as well as three pairs of Soldier SE's. I always thought the 5K's felt cheaper. The exterior is more polyester than nylon. I found my self slipping around the bench and what not with the 5K's. The Missions I have had (and Bauers now) are softer and lighter.

Well I got my RBK 5K pants last night. The UPS guy showed up at 9PM!

I think the pants are still a little baggy, but much, much, better than the Missions. Also, I'm wearing the lightest shin guards and girdle I could find, so that might be a reason why the pants are slightly baggy.

I also ordered THESE, so I don't have to put tape over my pants. I tried them out and I'm happy with them as well. Definitely recommended if you need to keep your shin guards in place but don't want to put tape on your pants.

The A3's are the shittiest pant mission makes. No wonder you hated them. If you tried out one of their better pants I bet you would have liked the fit/quality much more.

I always just tape my shin guards under my pants, so I don't have to worry about the pants shifting and effecting the tape, or the tape shifting and forcing my pants to ride up/down.

I've worn the mission he5500 for about 4 or 5 years now. They're still in fine shape without any holes or serious wear (I've really cut down my inline time though lately). My only gripe is the waist size. I think I bought large because I have relatively long legs, but the waist is enormous, and I keep them cinched pretty tight.

you could rock sweats :)

Thats what I do. Nice and tight after you tape em up.

Not sure if you were looking for roller pants directly.

You must be blazing hot in sweats. Inline specific pants have a lot of mesh-like material in the back of the legs and other non-abrasion areas to manage heat a little bit.

I've seen guys tape the cuffs up to their shin pads up above the skates to get a low profile around their legs. It leaves a small bit of their pads/legs exposed. Buying tape all the time kind of sucks though.

Good thread, it's hilarious seeing how many inline players play hockey in what basically looks like multicolor nylon JNCOs. That baggy feeling in the lower legs and the inseam makes me feel so slow at the rink, so I'm looking into something with a bit more profile like the Reeboks.

You must be blazing hot in sweats. Inline specific pants have a lot of mesh-like material in the back of the legs and other non-abrasion areas to manage heat a little bit.

I've seen guys tape the cuffs up to their shin pads up above the skates to get a low profile around their legs. It leaves a small bit of their pads/legs exposed. Buying tape all the time kind of sucks though.

Good thread, it's hilarious seeing how many inline players play hockey in what basically looks like multicolor nylon JNCOs. That baggy feeling in the lower legs and the inseam makes me feel so slow at the rink, so I'm looking into something with a bit more profile like the Reeboks.

ohhhh man... throwback if i've ever heard one... JNCO!!

Just got a set of Reebok 7k's for my bday, and they are much less baggy than the missions I had before, espically in the legs. I tape outside my pants and it was much easier to tape up the shins!