Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeHockey97

What Happened to Yzerman?

I was just at my local hockey store and I didnt see any one-piece sticks with Yzerman's pattern on them... so I went to the other store and nothing there either. Does anyone know if Easton is dropping that pattern from their line up?

People who think it's better to have a huge hook for slappers and laugh at my Drury clone, but then almost cry when my shot is a thousand times better than theirs. People around here think the bigger the hook, better the shot.

I remeber one time at sticks and pucks this one kid was blaming his stick and straight curve for the fact he couldnt shoot. It was some cheap CCM wood stick (Powerline or something) with like a Sundin pattern I think, whatever it was, it was a pretty straight curve. I got sick of his complaining so I traded my stick with his (my nice Inno 1100 w/ a Sakic blade :) ) and sure enough his shot still sucked with my stick and I could rip 'em just as good with his cheap wood stick. lol That shut him up pretty good :D

People who think it's better to have a huge hook for slappers and laugh at my Drury clone, but then almost cry when my shot is a thousand times better than theirs. People around here think the bigger the hook, better the shot.

It's all in personal preference. I can play fine with a pattern that has a very small curve (IE: Modano, Drury, Fedorov) but I just like the feel of a big hook more than I do the little ones.

i used to play with a coffey stick for like 12years. i tried a yzerman its close but cant find them here in cali. but now i use a mission ops leopold just like a coffey!!! really great for wrist shots !!!!

i don't think you get better wristers from a huge hook. i find a heel curve is best for me to get wristers off, since the majority of the blade is flat, since it only curves at the heel, and the puck can easily roll down along the blade

I thought Easton stopped making the Yzerman because it was an illeagal curve???

Didn't stop them from making the Shanny.

I'm all over the board when it comes to curves. I get a great slap-shot w/ a modano, but the wrist shot sux. I have a great wrist shot w/ a bauer P-106 (Heel-Curve) and the slap shot is great (sometimes a little too high, but good velocity), but stick handling with that curve is awfule, and the backhand is a pain. The Inno nash is great for shooting, but the Lie is pretty low and its a little tougher to pull off toe pulls, and I've used a Jagr that makes toe pulls really easy, and has a decient slap shot, but the wrist shot isn't as good. I suck I know. I generally choose my blade depending on what position I'll be playing that game and what shot opportunites i'm getting as the game goes on.

The improved velocity could be because of the height. I know when I'm rifling them off the glass it always seems (but isn't) harder. Most guys can adapt to any curve, it just takes a bit of a transition period.

I think it's all about personal preference. I could shoot just as well with a huge toe curve than a Drury clone if it's the same blade. Used my Jovo F4 for the first time yesturday and blasted a low slapshot far-side coming down the right side. Even the goalie was in shock.