Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snapshow

Pre Hockey Game attire

Assuming you mean the ones they wear over their jackets and coats, those would generally be called topcoats or overcoats; the topcoat is meant to be lighter, but they are often confounded.

what you see in those pics are top coats...in comparison to a standard outerwear piece (carcoat, bomber) they are designed with extra volume in the shoulders, arms and body as they are anticipated to be worn over top of a suit jacket, either to protect it from the elements or to provide warmth to the wearer in colder conditions. an overcoat, as lawgoalie mentioned, is different in that it extends past the knee. traditionally the overcoat would have been made of heaver fabrics, but these days the popular style of the two is the topcoat and they can be found in a ton of finishes and weights.

not sure about the US, or how it is today, but when I played rep we were to wear slacks, a collared shirt and tie to every game. my best friend was a goalie and he made the A1 team after a few seasons of competing with another one of my friends for the spot. anyways, we told him he had to wear a tuxedo to every game and sure enough, he showed up to the first game in a full on tux -- bow tie and all.

That's brilliant, shotty -- and such a perfectly credulous goalie sort of thing to do.

Same code for me growing up, but my dad insisted (quite rightly) on getting me some sportcoats too. Did those things ever take a beating...

I'm in mens' league now, so that's why it's shorts and a hoody for me. In high school we had to wear a shirt and tie with slacks. Now our high school team wears matching track suits.

Home games it's varying suits or on cold days a wool trench coat with dress shirt and pants. Some times I go with a tie some times I don't. For road games it's our teams track suit with our t-shirt.

You still have that guy's number? I've got a bridge I'm trying to unload.

funny you say that, his company designs bridges.

Only one year of youth hockey did I have a coach who insisted on shirt and tie to all away games, home games didn't matter. Prep school and public high school we wore shirt and tie to away games, usually with the team jacket. Home games no dress code, most guys wore team sweatpants with team jackets. Our coach's first year he insisted on nobody wearing hats to away games but that didn't last long...

funny you say that, his company designs bridges.

I never do this, but...

whathaveIdone.jpg

Incidentally, I did once see a team that was in paramilitary dress. That was a bit much. Hockey players and epaulettes are a questionable mix.

Now it's Jeans/Shorts and a Tshirt...

When playing in my youth it was always a suit, and a tie to away games was mandatory, most of the time our guys didn't wear ties to the home games as we were coming in through the back door of the rink anyways not in sight of officials, parents, etc...

Last year in rep, the first bit of the season would be nice dress pants then a collared shirt and tie. Franky, it wasn`t the bad minus I had to change for a bunch of those games right after school and got picked up. Needless to say, I got chirped. Come November, we finally got our tracksuits which was a nice change. This season, just tracksuits or if we wanted we could sub the pants for workout shorts.

Now that I play in a rec league, ther's no dressing code to go to the game. But I'd sya my favorite dressup to go to a game is shorts, flippers (sandals) and T-shirt. No big deal for you guy living down south, but for me living in northern Québec is a sign of the beginning of the hockey season (end of August) and it's not a long period to go to games like that. October can be cold as a dead body.