Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Bauer Holiday Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/118-2011-bauer-holiday-catalogue/

New Vapor sticks for holiday release - these sticks are the replacement for the previous Vapor series.

The APX will have an updated blade construction; what Bauer has done is taken the core from the TotalONE blade and combined it with the core that was in the X:60. I used it at SummerJam and for one who just couldn't get used to either previous Bauer stick, I couldn't put the APX down. MSRP $249.

The 7.0 has the same specs as the X:60, followed by the 6.0, 4.0, 3.0 and 2.0.

- Very impressed with the look of the APX sticks, black and red is my favorite color combo

- Like the look of the new One20 sticks as well, black and blue give it a very...futuristic look?

-Interesting that the new X:40 equivalent (specs-wise) would also be called the X4.0, interesting skip in the numbering...helps with some customer confusion I guess, seeing as the X:40 flew off shelves

- For those of you who have used the P14, how does it compare to the P92?

edit : found the P14 thread, nvm :)

--Interesting that the new X:40 equivalent (specs-wise) would also be called the X4.0, interesting skip in the numbering...helps with some customer confusion I guess, seeing as the X:40 flew off shelves

And that's the $100 stick, right? Aren't the MRSP strongly controlled on these, and do we know the price's yet? Page 22 seems to be some kind of graph of quality or price.

And that's the $100 stick, right? Aren't the MRSP strongly controlled on these, and do we know the price's yet? Page 22 seems to be some kind of graph of quality or price.

APX - 250, 7.0 - 190 IIRC, 6.0 = X50, 4.0 = X40, 3.0 = X20, 2.0 = X15 on pricing & quality.

APX - 250, 7.0 - 190 IIRC, 6.0 = X50, 4.0 = X40, 3.0 = X20, 2.0 = X15 on pricing & quality.

If the 7.0 is the same as the X:60, it seems like a $20 price drop...pretty decent

The APX OPS stick sounds real nice, but a bit disappointing that the APX replacement blade appears to be an X60 blade repaint. Too bad, Bauer are great at making durable, light, high performance, great feel blades (one95, totalone, and I'll assume the APX is following this trend), and there's a real lack of tapered replacement blades like that on the market right now.

Guessing the APX shaft is just an X60 repaint as well?

Guessing the APX shaft is just an X60 repaint as well?

Seeing as the lack of a blade on a shaft obviously doesn't require them to incorporate the new blade technology and it is the same slick clearcoat finish (as opposed to the OPS matte finish), I would say that it is likely just an X60 repaint.

X60 is the best stick I've used to date, and the APX is the same stick with a Total One type blade...brilliant!

Getting rid of 75 flex intermediates is just plain awful though. Their 77 flexes are so stiff with the Vapor series and 67's are way too whippy. Jumps from 70 flex to 100 flex when cut to my preference. Shame. Guess I'll have to hit the weight room.

X60 is the best stick I've used to date, and the APX is the same stick with a Total One type blade...brilliant!

Getting rid of 75 flex intermediates is just plain awful though. Their 77 flexes are so stiff with the Vapor series and 67's are way too whippy. Jumps from 70 flex to 100 flex when cut to my preference. Shame. Guess I'll have to hit the weight room.

wait until you see the new apx's in person first. imo, they felt less stiff than the x60's. the 77 flex felt pretty close to my 75 x60, even when i "choked up" to the length i would've played it at(cut down roughly 4-5"). can't say anything about how the flex actually played on ice as i only got to see/dry flex it at summerjam as a non-skater. maybe you can ask the guys who tried it out on ice at summerjam felt it played.