Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blork.

<$99 stick choice

I don't spend more than $99 on a stick, and based on sales in LHSs, I see that there are two discounted choices in the pattern I use:

Bauer one-75

Easton EQ-40

Which one would be the better performer for the price? Opinion appreciated

IMO, out of the 2 choices I'd go with the One75. I love Bauers! If you were looking at the higher end Easton's vs Bauer's, I'd go w/ an Easton RS. I love my RS. Have you compared the 2 in person?

I suppose I'll try the Bauer if they're both similar, as I'm not really a fan of the gimmicky weights in the EQ.

But if the performance/construction of the EQ was better (ie-less fiberglass) then I'd go in that direction. That's what I was hoping to get more feedback on.

I don't do mail order, and as a former small business owner, strongly believe in supporting LHSes.

About two or so months ago I picked up a Vapor X:50 from my LHS for $100, pretty good stick for the price (especially in Canada, where gear tends to cost quite a bit more than in the US). Like everything about it except the blade/puck feel (standard pingy Vapor feel). They won't necessarily be that cheap everywhere, though.

I've noticed that hockey monkey has the old Dolo DDs (the Dragon ones) for $110 now, great stick for that price, but again, not sure you'll find them that cheap at your LHS.

http://www.hockeymon...ck-gx-8-sr.html

Another good option in that price range

I would recommend the Winnwell GX-8 as well. Very few sticks in the sub-$100 category are made as nice. Of course it will be slightly heavier than their $200+ competitors' sticks but it is very well balanced. I own one and I would choose it over any price point stick from most of the other big brands.

I would go with the bauer over the easton, the eq40 seems to loss pop quickly esp in the blade. a few of my teammates had them, and really didnt like them at all. The dolo would also be a great choice if you can get one