Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIREAYE

New Bauer products for 2012

which is technically better? titanium or magnesium?

because the fanciest metal that they make roller skate frames from is magnesium - why would they choose titanium for masks but magnesium for frames?

We're not allowed to install Brand X cage on Brand Y helmet due to the issues I mentioned. Customers could totally still do that themselves and they obviously do. Don't know if it's only at my workplace or if that's universal.

We do it all the time at my store. Each is certified separately as was said, there should be no issue with combining unless its simply your employer worried about any repercussions should something unfortunate happen to someone you installed the cage for.

Is the $80 retail price for the titanium cage fact or rumor? If it combines the oval Bauer bar shape with titanium, it's something I've wished for but didn't expect to see.

which is technically better? titanium or magnesium?

because the fanciest metal that they make roller skate frames from is magnesium - why would they choose titanium for masks but magnesium for frames?

mag is very weak, go look at the frames they are built stronger than the aluminum frames to make up for that. then the fact that mag is flammable :tongue:

Haha the high-school magnesium strip experiment. Hard to imagine where you could get enough heat on the thing but I'm trying to imagine someone's face looking like a lit firework on the ice :laugh::tongue: