Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIREAYE

New Bauer products for 2012

Saw pic on facebook on a popular hockey blog. Won't post link here obviously, but I'll say this: Looks like Bauer knocked it out of the park with this line (for me at least). Modern gear with the old school flair. Exactly what I've been wanting since my last pair of 8090s died and the reason I'm still in X60s and not APX skates. I just can't stand the looks of the TotalOnes or APXs. Hopefully they'll fit me well....

Never bothered to try the fit of the Supreme One90/95/TotalOnes or the APX skates since they are just so hideous looking.....

I know the 8090s, Vapor XXXs, 40s, and X60s fit me well though. Hopefully the comping skates will too. Otherwise I'll find another new pair of X60s.

Whats the difference in fit between vapor and supreme ?

In terms of fit, Supreme is a little wider and has a bit more volume than Vapor, but it still has an anatomically shaped fit. It's more for power skaters who want the most out of their strides. Vapor is more snug and also makes you lean forward a bit more, giving you more aggressive quick steps.

In terms of fit, Supreme is a little wider and has a bit more volume than Vapor, but it still has an anatomically shaped fit. It's more for power skaters who want the most out of their strides. Vapor is more snug and also makes you lean forward a bit more, giving you more aggressive quick steps.

The whole power versus quickness stuff is all marketing garbage.

Then Jordan Staal should not be in APX's.

Stock, out of the box, Vapor has a forward lean compared to Supremes.

Any knowledgeable skate professional will be able to put any player on any sort of rocker they want, with any skate they want. Whether that would be by lifts, profile, or a combination of the two.

tl;dr it doesn't matter what skate someone has in the NHL, they most likely are not using a stock version of that skate with stock specs. Same with sticks... It worthless to speculate on because you aren't the EQM for that player, so you don't know.

can we get back on topic? New bauer line for 2012... New bags, yummy.

Slightly OT: For 2012, will Bauer be releasing a P08 Ovechkin blade? Maybe in the APX or TO?

I am assuming by the pre-order for a 11-22-11 shipping date for P08 Ovi model APX Sticks on some online stores the answer is yes.

Oh I know. Looked at a few of my old sher-woods from the 90's last time I was at the parents house and a few of those Coffey curves were HUGE!

Anyways, sorry for getting off topic.

Bauer is starting to remind me a lot of Taylormade as far as product lines. Offering a line for everyone without overcrowding the market and overlapping a lot of products.

You would, but the fact that Taylormade is flying off the shelves and Reebok/CCM not so much, you can see why they invest soooo much into TM.