Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIREAYE

New Bauer products for 2012

Well, I thought I'd take the plunge and be the first to post this. It is public knowledge now so I think it's safe to post :ph34r:

http://www.newswire....bauerworld-2012

" Bauer Hockey, Inc., the world's leading manufacturer of ice hockey equipment, continued its commitment to innovation as the company unveiled its "Back to Hockey" 2012 product line to retailers from around the world during the company's annual BauerWorld event held this week in Orlando, Florida.

The highlight of the event was the introduction of NEXUS, a revolutionary family of hockey equipment inspired by the needs of the game's best players. The NEXUS family, which includes a full line of skates, sticks and under protective, is the first new full family of product introduced by Bauer Hockey since the debut of the Bauer VAPOR skate in 1997. "

They also introduced the RE-AKT helmet :

"The first hockey helmet specifically designed to help manage rotational impacts, the Bauer RE-AKT helmet features a true, free-floating suspension liner that moves independently from the VERTEX FOAM liner, which helps protect the brain from excessive intra-cranial movement."

and a new customizable goal pad in the TotalOne:

"The SUPREME TOTALONE goal pad features the revolutionary MY FLEX system, a proprietary technology that has been in development for more than five years. The MY FLEX system allows goalies to change the flex on their pad in a matter of seconds by removing and inserting Flex Rods into the pad."

Pretty cool! I remember seeing a shot somewhere on these forums of Ovy wearing some mysterious Bauer shins, they must have been Nexus shins.

From the way they describe the Nexus protective gear (traditional style, designed for pros, etc.), I wonder if it's gonna be basically a new version of the Bauer Pro Series gear, except expanded into a full lineup? Obviously the skates and sticks will be completely new, but I wonder if the Bauer Pro Series gear is gonna be phased out as the Nexus gear is phased in?

If the Nexus line allegedly fits wider than both Vapor and Supreme, I speculate that the Flexlite line is done. Either way, I'm stoked to see how 'traditional' this line is gonna be...

Going to be interesting to see the designs. The protective should be awesome, though I just hope they don't follow the Vapor line and make it look cheap.

If the Nexus line allegedly fits wider than both Vapor and Supreme, I speculate that the Flexlite line is done. Either way, I'm stoked to see how 'traditional' this line is gonna be...

With no mention of Flexlite and the comment stating the Nexus skate line will compliment the Vapor and Supreme line, I will side with you. But who knows, maybe it will be the flexlite fit in a alive composite boot?

I assume that Nexus replaces the Pro Series/Lightspeed line in terms of protective as well??? Really love my Pro Series shins and elbows...

Interesting to see what the third stick line will be? Similar to the Easton ST maybe? Easton is really the only one with three destinctive ""lines"" (even though the ST is really a Synergy I guess).

Saw a bauer video during the Be Hockey Safe presentation. A few of the players were wearing a helmet that I hadn't seen before. Could be the RE-AKT helmet?

In my opinion, Bauer didn't do a really good job of marketing their Lightspeed/ Pro Series lines. If the Nexus is indeed the successor, I wouldn't expect any drastic differences aside form a complete reintroduction of itself as a separate family.

And... 'Nexus'? Too close to 'Nexon' , bad for Sherwood.

It states in the release that the Nexus will be a FULL line.

similar to Supreme and Vapor, for sticks, skates, protective gear (excluding gloves & pants). That means top end, mid, low end equipment, throughout the full line. So in short gefiltefish, Nexus will not be stand alone in sticks. There will be that top-end, mid-line and entry point PP sticks with Nexus.

Flexlite is gone. Nexus is a new skate.

Wouldn't necessarily call it a FL fit.

Good thing I have spares... :laugh:

...and the first customizable goal pad in the TotalOne:

"The SUPREME TOTALONE goal pad features the revolutionary MY FLEX system, a proprietary technology that has been in development for more than five years. The MY FLEX system allows goalies to change the flex on their pad in a matter of seconds by removing and inserting Flex Rods into the pad."

Not the first, exactly -- TPS and Itech had done it recently. I will, however, be really interested to see how Bauer has improved the Itech design based on their experience with a much trickier sort of removable stiffener in the TO skates' Reflex tongue.

One question i have about the T1 pads is exactly what 'flex' is. Does that mean these rods can control how STIFF the pads are, or where the breaks are?

LG, don't confuse the two ideas. The MYFLEX system works and the designer is from the Itech days. The T1 tongue is called REFLEX and has a different purpose. FLEX is common but each works differently.

Good point: they shouldn't be confused, not the least because they have similar names. I was just idly speculating as to whether the tongue design, which is surprisingly open, might have influenced Goyer's refinement of the pad stiffeners. Frankly, I always thought his was more effective than Wilcox's TPS version, which Sherwood doesn't seem to have carried over even as a custom option.

Kelser the right guy to market the line?

I mean, I don't know too many fans who like Kelser who are non Canucks fans.

i think its been proven time and time again that no one likes anyone on the canucks unless ur a canucks fan.

so if there are multiple nexus sticks would the top end one be considered "better" than the top end apx or total one or just "different"?

It would be different feel for sure and all I can say is that I personally enjoyed using that stick down in Orlando. The Nexus gives the player another option for a flex profile of the shaft. The entire line of gear coming from Bauer looks and feels amazing.

Kelser the right guy to market the line?

I mean, I don't know too many fans who like Kelser who are non Canucks fans.

I'm a Leafs fan and a Toronto native who lives in Vancouver, I've grown to semi-hate the Nucks (mostly because their fans are so vehemently anti-Leafs), but I actually really like Kesler. Perfect player IMO, hustles so hard, will play whatever role the team demands of him, and seems like a pretty funny/charismatic guy. I feel like he's one of the few Nucks players that a lot of other fans like, and a good marketing choice, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hmm... always wondered what a dual-kickpoint in the top 2/3 of a stick would feel like... wonder if that's what we might be getting here. Oooooooooh, I see new toys on the horizon :S

It would be different feel for sure and all I can say is that I personally enjoyed using that stick down in Orlando. The Nexus gives the player another option for a flex profile of the shaft. The entire line of gear coming from Bauer looks and feels amazing.

haha should've called me. ;-)

I was hanging with the Euros...met monoclub (one of our members from Taiwan) there.