Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric42434224

Florida Panthers

I think they are one of the best stories this year, but no one seems to be talking about them.

Thought I would initiate a discussion. Any thoughts on the turn around Tallon has begun?

I'm thrilled with the success the Panthers have had this season. They're my home away from home team when I visit the in-laws Ft. Lauderdale house. They've got another month to drum up support before the NBA returns.

Even if the Dolphins and Heat lose every game in a season, they will still get more support than the Panthers. It just is not a very supportive hockey market. They will get more support with some success....like making the playoffs...but they will always be the #4 pro team in this market.

I was skeptical about the new season. The free agent signings gave me some cautious optimism. Trading fan-favorite Booth made me a bit sad, but also made me feel that Tallon was all business and was willing to let go popular players to rebuild the team. Now that they are starting to gel as a team, have a legitimate #1 line, scoring from the blue line, and Theodore is playing well, I really feel they will be a playoff team this year.

Sorry for digging this up, but I've watched a few Panthers games on The Package this year, with attendance listed 14-15,000. Are there 13,000 in the upper deck that we can't see? At least half the seats behind the benches are vacant. Are there a good number of corporate seats with no-shows? What's the fan support like there?

Sorry for digging this up, but I've watched a few Panthers games on The Package this year, with attendance listed 14-15,000. Are there 13,000 in the upper deck that we can't see? At least half the seats behind the benches are vacant. Are there a good number of corporate seats with no-shows? What's the fan support like there?

There is actually a very specific reason you don't see anyone sitting behind the benches. Here's an Article Puck Daddy did on the subject.

I used to Live in south Florida attendance is sad, unless a teams from up north shows up, the games have lots of empty seats !!

insert 2013 and realignment. florida attendence numbers should increase significantly this season id think