Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Flyers playoff goalie

Who would you choose and why?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Esche has been sucking lately! He's killing my fantacy this week for the goalie stats and its the final round. He made 16 saves on 19 shots tonight, against ottawa, save percent of 84. How's he supposed to carry the team to the finals when he plays such a crappy game against one of the teams they very might well face in the playoffs. For this past week and this much of this week Esche is GAA 4.07 and Save% 73. Ugh. On March 25, after having a shutout the game before he let in 4 goals on 15 shots, and against the Rangers on the 27th he made 9 saves on 12 shots and got pulled after 23 minutes. GAA of 7 for that game. I dont think he should be starting for the flyers in the playoffs.

Funny you should mention Lindbergh, one of my all time favorite goalies. I think you've gotta go with Burke, although neither have exactly shined lately. I think it's easier on Esche to come in as a backup should Burke need yanked as opposed to Esche having a bad game or two and getting yanked. Possibility of ruining the younger, less experienced Esche's confidence that way. If Esche would have kept up the pace before his last two debacles I may have said stick with the hot goalie.

Ryan

i think esche should get a chance at starting. he was playing good for most of the season and i'm sure he can get past this latest slump. the flyers already tried burke once before and it didn't pan out so well. i think they'll start playing much better once all their injuried players come back and return to game form.

I'm just not sure I'd start a goalie who's 3 games into a slump. I 'd start him in the last game and see what happens.

He looked terrible tonight. He's giving up too many rebounds, he isn't playing the puck well, and he's letting up soft goals. All things you don't want to see in the playoffs. The flyers outplayed ottawa tonight and we still lost by 2 goals. I like Esche more, but he shouldn't be starting if he's gonna play like this.

Boy, seeing a lack of self confidence in both. Now add in the pressure that comes along with the post season, I wonder if Esche can handle it?

Guest phillyfan

I;d love to see Nittymaki get a shot, he has just as many games under his belt in the playoffs as Burke and Esche have, and I really like his potential. But, we all know that the Clarke won't do that, but out of the two, Esche.

Guest phillyfan

Have no idea, but I was lead to believe he wasn't a playoff vet by the Philly Media after picking him up.

Guest phillyfan
Bernie Parent is not available.

What about Ron Hextall?

Hextall would have been nice in the Ottawa game. I see him every so often at my local rink, his wife runs some program there. I've played with Brett once and helped coach his other kids, it was nice. Anyway, Hextall, or any other retired proven goalie would be nice.

I almost wish we wouldn't have home ice advantage with Esche in goal. The last few games the fans sarcastically cheered everytime he even saw a puck.