Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LkptTiger

Stiff Wood Blades

Right now I am looking for blades to stuff into my new TFG shafts, and am giving wood blades a thought. I've used an assortment of them before, but haven't found any of them to be stiff enough for me. After awhile I usually just get sick of feeling the toe of the blade open up and tired of seeing both the velocity and the accuracy of my shot suffer because of the incosistancy. Usually, a switch to wood blades is followed closely by another switch back to composite.

Do any of you know of a real good stiff wooden blade? I think I used just about every one there is to try, but I figure there have to be some others out there.

Some of the pro-stock wood blades are generally stiffer than others... especially CCM or Koho. Also, you could paint the blade with ProToe. Makes it a lot stiffer and more resistant to chips or splits.

I love the feel of wood blades but they never stay stiff for long. The Koho wood blades with the plastic inserts do seem to hold up well, but they still don't last long before losing stiffness.

easton pro stocks are by far the stiffest wood blades...even though they are pro stocks there are always a ton of these blades floating around

Great blades but I still don't get two games out of them before they go soft. They really aren't different from most of the other pro stock blades. Wood and a thin fiber wrap doesn't change much from one brand to the next.

I love the feel of wood blades but they never stay stiff for long. The Koho wood blades with the plastic inserts do seem to hold up well, but they still don't last long before losing stiffness.

I picked one of those up the other day for $6. Its a nice Malholtra curve, seems like a nice blade, but I haven't used it much.

easton pro stocks are by far the stiffest wood blades...even though they are pro stocks there are always a ton of these blades floating around

I was thinking about getting a few of those at Great Skate. I got a couple for 2048 sometime last year; they seemed like decent blades, and I believe he said he liked them. For the price, I figure I might-as-well, you know?

...Wow. I was checking in on the Sherwood 950s on the Great Skate site when I saw the Axion blades have been knocked down to $25. Anybody have any input on them?

...Wow. I was checking in on the Sherwood 950s on the Great Skate site when I saw the Axion blades have been knocked down to $25. Anybody have any input on them?

Yeah, it was a great blade. I tried to switch to composite for a while and hten came running back to wood. Currently, I'm using a TPS prostock retail blade, it's pretty stiff but I think that the easton pro-stock was stiffer.