Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

Elbow pads that cover forearm

Got nailed by a slapshot last night in the forearm, right between my glove and the forearm protector of my elbow pads. Hurts like hell...not broken, just swollen. Are there any particular elbow pads that cover the entire forearm? Or at least go down far enough that a puck will have a hard time finding the unprotected part of the arm?

The warrior pads have a very nice wrap over most of the forearm.

Agreed, they're amongst the best for forearm protection without being overly bulky.

They also have one of the best comfort without pinching/sliding out of any of the brands I've tried.

my JOFA pads cover them. i m pretty sure JOFA is made for the pros .... and their pads are the best that ive come by. super comfterable and lightweight ... yet overly protective.

RBK 8K, or Jofa 9177. They are long enough to cover your whole forearm right up to your gloves.

The prices people are paying for those pads is absurd.

Absurd is a matter of perspective. How much is a new elbow again? :wink:

Nowhere near the $150-$200 I see people paying for Jofa gear on a regular basis.

After taking that shot on the arm yesterday, I think I'd prefer to pay $150 for GOOD pads that cover that area. The shot wasn't even a rocket...if it was from one of the harder shooting players I usually play against, it would've been a broken bone prob. I'd prefer to invest in better protective gear.

Funny thing is, I also got hit in the collarbone and the back of the calf AND broke my One100 OPS. Was not a good night for me.

The 9177/8k's certainly aren't the only elbow pads that will prevent you from losing an elbow. Having said that, I have 9177's, and if you can get a pair at an acceptable price, they're great. They protect pretty much your whole arm from shoulder pad to glove, but move with you very well and stay put, so they're not at all constrictive (something I always had a problem with in more protective elbow pads).

At the same time, $200 for elbow pads is just a joke. I got mine when Hockeygiant blew them out for like $30. If I knew they'd be worth five times what I paid, I would have bought their entire stock.

There are so many excellent pads that people overlook; especially those caught up in the Jofa/Rbk hype train. Try to find some Easton Synergy 700s in your size, or the new white EQPros.

+ 1 on the Jofa 9177 , decided to buy a pair and find out what all the fuss was about ,

WOW

for the size and protection they offer, they are LIGHT, I moved up from u+ 05's , no contest !! paid just over double money and not a moment's regret.