Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Other Car Is A DeLorean

I hate Roller Hockey pants

i've always been a short and sock wearer, for both ice and inline, the only thing that has ever stopped me going to inline pants is the price of roller pants and girdle. But however i have since changed to my OLD cooperalls and "light" tracksuit bottoms and have never looked back re roller hockey. i feel lighter and actually less restricted, granted after about 3 weeks (6 hockey practices) they start ripping i just go and buy another pair for £5.

I have never tried REAL roller hockey pants just yet so cant comment on that just yet but i'm sure i would prefer them to shorts and socks.

Most of the kids that are on the travel teams where I play wear scrubs. They ARE comfortable, but after a fall or three the knees start to go. The kids are much better skaters than I am and don't go down that much.

Its just something that takes a little getting used to. If its the baggy legs getting in your way then you may want to try a new Mission t6-t9(based on what your price point is) and also the new Bauer xr3 or xr5. Both will have a strapping system on the back that will keep the pant from looking like MC hammer pants. If you want something tapered like ice I'd try the Bauer. Take a look.

Sometimes I wear my ice pants w/ socks while playing roller, but not too often. I live in Southern California and even though my rink is indoors, it gets blistering hot inside. I just saw a video review from icewarehouse.com of the Bauer xr5 and it looks good and I want that tapered strap at the bottoms. But one thing unusual about it is, it comes with a MP3 player pocket. Come on Bauer!!! This is another problem with Roller Hockey. Whats next, blue tooth in your helmet?

I agree about the baggy issue. I started a thread on it a while back: http://www.modsquadh...ts/page__st__25

What about Roller Hockey pants is making you less mobile/flexible?

Probably because I tape the bottoms of my pants to give me that tapered look, because I dont have built in straps like the xr5. But overall I just feel like I have better sqautting and push off in my waist with ice pants.

Probably because I tape the bottoms of my pants to give me that tapered look, because I dont have built in straps like the xr5. But overall I just feel like I have better sqautting and push off in my waist with ice pants.

Instead of taping for using straps on your shin guards, get a pair of these: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SGTIGHT

They go underneath your pants, and they eliminate the need for straps or tape. I used them with RBK 5K pants (which are some of the least baggy pants I could find), and a lightweight Valken girlde. The setup feels just as comfortable as my ice hockey setup, but breaths much better.

Sometimes I wear my ice pants w/ socks while playing roller, but not too often. I live in Southern California and even though my rink is indoors, it gets blistering hot inside. I just saw a video review from icewarehouse.com of the Bauer xr5 and it looks good and I want that tapered strap at the bottoms. But one thing unusual about it is, it comes with a MP3 player pocket. Come on Bauer!!! This is another problem with Roller Hockey. Whats next, blue tooth in your helmet?

The reason you see these accessory pockets is because tourney level travel players often spend the entire day in their pants. Bauer is just responding to a feature request from their testers and target audience.

I've never cared to taping roller hockey pants, they just feel awkward when taped. I use the straps that came with a previous pair of Easton shin pads to secure the upper portion of the shin pad. If there wasn't such a stigma against it, I would wear roller pants on ice.

I used scrubs before getting ace pants. They are very light weight and quite breathable. And not baggy, at all. For around $10 they're worth a shot.

Me, and most of the guys I play with, go with a girdle, shorts, and bare shin pads. Good freedom of movement, and for the surface we play on, the plastic as a contact against the cement glides, whereas any material sticks, and eventually gets a hole ground in it.

My first inline pants were a set of the old Gear Pants - Been through a lot of different styles, and no difference in movability.

If we are luck the rink I play in can get down to 24 Celsius (75.2f) in the winter but seems to hover around the 38c (100.4) for most of the year, and I have found my old pair of CCM’s that have a lot of mesh area’s breath the best, still can’t find a replacement they are about 13yrs old now though.

I used to wear the old CCM Outcast pants, and they were my favourite pants, then got a pair of Tour's, not sure on the model (I remember they said "lube" something on the back...) and I recently bought Tour Spartan pants, nothing compares to the CCM's which I've been wearing since I practically started, and have a hole in the knee that's pretty much the whole shin now, so for that reason I use an ice hockey girdle with covers, and socks. Without trying to hijack a thread, would anyone know of a current inline pant similar to the Outcasts?

I don't know a current model of pants similar to Outcasts, but I can tell you that the Outcasts were my main pants for about a season and a half until I picked up Valken V-Pro pants and I like them better than the Outcasts. They have a nice adjustable waist and are very flexible and breathable. They've also been very durable and still look like new after about a season of use (although I never had durability problems with the Outcasts as I only used them on Sportcourt - I still have them, but they haven't been used since I picked up the V-Pros).

At the same time I bought the V-Pro pants I also bought a Valken V-elite girdle. Before that I used a Mission Thorax girdle - the Thorax was protective and mobile, but the V-Elite girdle is lighter, adds lower back protection and is more breathable. Now, the Thorax has plastic inserts so it may be a little more protective, but I find the V-elite a bit more comfortable and sufficiently protective.

I have no issues with mobility with the Valken pant/girdle combo (and was fine with my old setup too). I find ice pants and traditional socks way too hot for roller (especially in the summer) - I wore that the first season I played inline ages ago, switched to pants and have never looked back.

I use a pair of Biltrites and have done for years (they've outlasted every pair of hockey pants Ive ever tried) and they've taken some serious abuse - not one hole in them, and still look as new. Every other brand's pants have been like wearing paper.

I miss Biltrite, the kit was great. When they did away with the name and just named it all Mission, the quality went downhill (imo) - I have a pair of Mission branded pants that are no way as well made, and they cost more!

Both my son and I use Valken V-Pro pants. They have expandable pleats at the knees and are by far the most comfortable and durable pant we have ever used. My son used to rip through a pair of Mission and/or Bauer pants every year. We have used these Valkins for 3 years, still going strong.

Our new pants are awesome. Every panel is ventilated (except knee), most of the materials are from my Adidas fabric sources (which = great quality), and are priced well. They do run a bit small, but that has been the only complaint I have seen.

The reason you see these accessory pockets is because tourney level travel players often spend the entire day in their pants. Bauer is just responding to a feature request from their testers and target audience.

Thats correct. Same with Mission pants and the wallet pocket. Obviously they dont expect you to keep your keeps and phone on you while you play but when you are hanging around waiting to play your next game it makes sense rather than just holding them just asking to lose them.

What is the most breathable pant? Please only answers from the gear whores that are familiar with all options. Thanks!

If I had to pick a few for you to look at I would start with Alkali(as Justin said they have very well ventilated and you can flex and move very well. Other types you may want to take a look at would be the Mission T.8(One of the pants I currently wear), very light and doesnt hold water or sweat. But Im a fan of the TLC(Tapered Leg Construction) in the new Bauer XR5 and XR3 so If you have a chance to try them id give all 3 a try. Honestly I dont feel very hot or restricted when I play, only time I do feel a little hot would be with my pro team ace pants but if any of you guys have worn them you know what im talking about. But anyway i'd start with the Alkali/Mission/Bauer, In that order.

Our new pants are awesome. Every panel is ventilated (except knee), most of the materials are from my Adidas fabric sources (which = great quality), and are priced well. They do run a bit small, but that has been the only complaint I have seen.

Small how Justin? Like tight in the legs or waist? Or length?