Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colins

Easton Pro Stock OPS code

I know there have been a couple of other Easton stick code discussions, and ultimately not a lot of solid info seems to have surfaced.

I just picked up a pro stock Easton with a Mako paint job. The question is - underneath the dressing, is this an S19 or an RS? It has an elliptical taper, so it's definitely not a true Mako.

The code is 'RSS GR' followed by the player's name. A retail RS is tagged 'STL RS' - so what does the RSS mean? And what does GR mean - I've seen it on other pro stock codes but no explanation on what it stands for.

Anyone have any clues?

IMG00097-20120518-2129.jpg

Colin

That makes sense, as it is a Grip finish on this stick.

So certainly RSS sounds like an RS code and not an S19 code to me. I guess it stands for RS Stealth. Even though with the retail it's coded "STL RS" and not RSS.

Thanks bob

Colin

Where do you find the code for the flex on Easton pro stocks?

I read somewhere that the flex is not on the sticker at the butt, but can be determined from another sticker lower on the shaft. The sticker is 6 digits and has one letter. Flex can be determined by using this formula: A=75 and +5 for each additional letter. For example, I have a pro-stock EQ50 that reads 20F533 making it a 100 flex (and that feels correct).

This could be totally wrong so I'd let someone else confirm.

I read somewhere that the flex is not on the sticker at the butt, but can be determined from another sticker lower on the shaft. The sticker is 6 digits and has one letter. Flex can be determined by using this formula: A=75 and +5 for each additional letter. For example, I have a pro-stock EQ50 that reads 20F533 making it a 100 flex (and that feels correct).

This could be totally wrong so I'd let someone else confirm.

You are pretty close it does go in intervals of +5's for the flex, we received a pro hudler SE16 stick which was stickered 100 sakic retail and we found the letter was an E so your EQ50 pro with an F would make it a J. Now the RSS is more of a special construction which only the pro rep could tell you and it can change from the blade construction, shaft construction. Now the big question is the number we think that is the batch number or it could be something completley different.

I have a pair of Whittney S19's they read 04D314 and the other 08D615

I also just picked up a Robidas RS that reads 98D217-638

Any help would be great thanks!

I have 2 pro Stock rs sticks

One is a Leino pro stock labeled rss

The other is a rieder pro stock labelled rspro

Both are supposed to be rs according to prostockhockeygear where I bought them from.

RSS is an S19 painted as an RS, RSPRO is a true RS.

Flex codes are as follows.

A - 70

B - 80

C - 85

NO 90 FLEX

D - 95

E - 100

F- 105

G - 110 and so on.

My RS pro stocks must have recycled labels on them (RSS GR Phaneuf CAL). Having the same model in S19's they are true RS Stealths, but don't have grip, and it's been a couple of years since he played for Calgary. The Flex codes make sense as my S19's are labeled E and are 100 flex while the RS are 85 flex and are labeled C.

A - 70

B - 80

C - 85

NO 90 FLEX

D - 95

E - 100

F- 105

G - 110 and so on.

You 100% sure about that?

A - 70

B - 80

C - 85

NO 90 FLEX

D - 95

E - 100

F- 105

G - 110 and so on.

My RSS is painted as an S19 Pure. That said, I have an s19 and the RSS feels different from that as well.

You 100% sure about that?

I am 1000% sure, as this is straight from the Easton pro rep in my area, as well as the pro department at easton.

My RSS is painted as an S19 Pure. That said, I have an s19 and the RSS feels different from that as well.

My rss is a Leino pro stock painted as an s19 pure. Why would they label it rss if it is already painted as an s19?

My rss is a Leino pro stock painted as an s19 pure. Why would they label it rss if it is already painted as an s19?

Well you can see from my pic above, my RSS is painted as a Mako. So if RSS means S19 painted as an RS, wouldn't there be a unique code for an S19 painted as a Mako? Not sure we've really cracked exactly what RSS indicates on these pro stock Eastons?

Ya, good points. And why wouldn't the just label them S19 if they are in fact S19s, instead of RSS. Makes no sense. Usually what they put on the label, is what the stick is, no matter what the paint job is.....!?!?

Ya, good points. And why wouldn't the just label them S19 if they are in fact S19s, instead of RSS. Makes no sense. Usually what they put on the label, is what the stick is, no matter what the paint job is.....!?!?

Exactly what I'm thinking. My Couture is RSS but painted as an S19 Pure

Becuase the S19 is no longer, So they label it RSS so it stays in tune with the RS line. Keep the same geometry and taper as the S19, but keep it as RSS. That code only dictacts the sticks construction, everything else is done on the inside on a per order basis.

If buddy wants an S19 dressed as a mako, the stick would be an RSS on the barcode, and the graphic would be made internally on the order form.

Can a pro stock stick really be classified as an S19 or RS anyways? I know with Rbk/CCM for example, their pro stocks are just totally different in general. You can see some of the options on PSHG, where you can specify the weight, shaft shape, many aspects of the blade construction, the flex profile, etc. When you order a pro-stock Rbk/CCM stick it's not really an 11K, Ai9, CL, etc., it's a completely different stick that isn't like any particular retail stick. AFAIK the pro stocks aren't even made in the same factory as the retail sticks (for Rbk/CCM).

Do Easton work the same way, or do they actually offer pro stock versions of their retail sticks, with the same flex profile, materials, etc., and pros only being able to customize the flex and curve? Because if you can change everything (the materials/construction/weight, the flex profile, the shaft shape, etc.), then it's really not an S19 or an RS, it's simply it's own stick, a pro stock with an elliptical taper.

if an easton pro stock is 70 inches it means it comes with the extension, where does the flex rating start? is it from the top or is is at the 66 inch mark down. i use a 64 inch stick so if its form the 70 mark down id be adding a lot of flex.

according to PSHG, RSS is an S19. RSPRO is an RS, and RSPRO 2 is a RS 2.

in previous years all the easton pro stock ive gotten, they just have the stick name on the sticker!

strange