Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

easy way to tell if your skates are too tight

too tight in the width.

By the third period my feet start to get cold. particularly, by the toes. can't figure out of they're getting cold or if I have the skates tied too tight and I'm cutting off circulation.

Unless you're a grocery stick, or play outdoors in Fort St. John, you're feet aren't likely to get cold during a game. The numbness is likely from poor circulation (over-tightening skates) rather than from temperature.

Have you tried loosening them? Does it go away? Does it make the skates feel sloppy/loose?

^ outside of the foot, just below the pinky toe. Can always tell when its too tight. I just wait for the 3rd period, by then the pain has numbed and I can skate again ;)

I could try and loosen them but I feel they'll be sloppy. I leave them looser in the foot then tighten in the ankle.

I started with vapors in a 6.5 but they felt too long in length. These Are vapors in 6 but feel great in length. Width maybe too small though. They are d width and ee was way too wide. Maybe I should try supremes in 6. Any tips?

i always tie my skates as tight as possible. the only time my feet get cold are when i dont break a sweat, usually at stick and puck. but in games i never have this problem

I could try and loosen them but I feel they'll be sloppy. I leave them looser in the foot then tighten in the ankle.

I started with vapors in a 6.5 but they felt too long in length. These Are vapors in 6 but feel great in length. Width maybe too small though. They are d width and ee was way too wide. Maybe I should try supremes in 6. Any tips?

If the length and volume is fine and they fit you ok everywhere else then stay with the boot you have. If you haven't already, bake them. If you have done this then get them punched out in those painful areas and then you will have a well fitting boot.

Some skates just don't fit certain feet types. Get em baked again. Get certain areas punched out.

One thing I have found is too many players wear skates where the top of their foot is bulging above the line of the eyelets.

If you put a straight edge across form one eyelet to the other side eyelet - how much does your foot rise above the eyelet line? If it is too high, you will be crushing your foot down and 1) removing any arch or 2) cutting off circulation. But from the sound of it, is is less a pain than a circulation problem.

Might just be the style of boot (vapor) is not cut right for your foot.

You could also use two sets of laces...one for bottom half of skate and one for ankle area - let the bottom 1/2 sit looser and tighten the top ones only.

Another issue could be over-tightening skates because they don't give enough support. A stiffer boot can usually be molded better via baking and still gives support without having to tighten too much.

Wax laces also might hold the tightness better and not loosen as much during play causing you to over tighten to make up for it.

Chances are though , the vapor is just not a right fit width/depthwise. I know my son had major issues with Vapors as they seemed narrow fitting and not to deep. The Easton EQ50's are much better for his particular foot. Good luck.

^ outside of the foot, just below the pinky toe. Can always tell when its too tight. I just wait for the 3rd period, by then the pain has numbed and I can skate again ;)

I think a punch out would cure your problem