Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Roller Girdles

I do not wear a girdle in roller, I do not find it that useful. Are you laying down for shots? I find most shots I block are off my shins, but occasionally I take one in the thigh or the ass. Those do not feel good at all. :laugh:

I've been wearing the mission CSX, itll take the odd puck up high, and take a bit of the sting out from landing on your ass. otherwise it does have the cup pocket built in, so its alright. A good deal for what you generally pay. Relatively loose around the thigh, at least for me. I've never had a problem with mobility. My pants ripped a seam before my girdle has (that is to say, the girdle still hasnt torn).

Hope that helps a bit.

I used to use the Reebok 7 girdle, but I took a couple of shots in the upper leg and one from behind, it didn't do much to help! Then I took a fairly big hit along the boards and it bruised my hip quite badly, do I decided to go for something with more protection without loosing much mobility... I tried on every pair available and ended up choosing the Bauer Supreme TotalOne's. They have great protection and are extremely light.

But the key was finding a pair that fit just right! That seemed to be harder to do then I expected? Most pairs that I tried on just didn't fit quite right in some way... Either to short, too long, to loose, too tight, always something! Maybe it was the fact that the TotalOne's were a bit more adjustable then most? Anyways, they were a perfect fit for me!

X60's are pretty good, mobility is excellent and good protection all round although I wish there was a bit more around the hip area.

I used the Valken V-Elite for roller and find it to be a reasonable balance of protection, ventilation and mobility. It definitley won't be as protective as an ice girdle, but it's also lighter, more mobile and the ventilation is much better than any ice girdle I've tried.

With that said, if the key is protection then an ice girdle will certainly offer more substantial protection than any roller girdle. I use the Warrior Projekt girdle for ice and love it there, but haven't ever used it for rolller.

I have pretty much always used an ice girdle. I'm a sloppy grinding defenseman and the ice girdle offers the protection to match my style of play. I'm currently using the x60 and I like the protection and how the flex hip section moves when i move. the top kidney section reminds me of how a regular set of ice pants would fit which I'm kinda meh about. I do use them for ice and roller so it makes more sense more sense to me to just have one that i can swap out shells for.

I would like to try the projekt because it looks more like a traditional girdle but I doubt I'll make the investment in two girdles.

I use the reebok 5k and have had no problems. I taken a few pucks of the thighs, and you feel it but its nothing that you cant just skate off. The only thing I don't like about them is that they could be a bit tighter in the legs. (like compression shorts)

try farrell girdle instead. really light, got those protection cubes on thigh, hips and tail bone. the material is same like any compression jocks. and cheaper (under $20 on ebay i think).