Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

2013 Toronto Maple Leafs

Half of Toronto though he said "TRUCK-U-LANCE" and began checking their Yellow Pages for a battering ram company. Go Hogtown.

Thankfully, I had Bulldogs last night, and didn't have to sit through this game.

I just hope this game doesn't do to Montreal what that beat down in Boston did to Buffalo last year.

Even in a 48 game season, better to have a game like that in the first 10 then in the last 10. Still confident that at the end of the year, Toronto will be looking up at the Habs going "...hey, remember how good Feb 9th felt???"

Hopefully nothing serious, possible cramps/spasm? Fingers are crossed.

This new 'mean' Maple Leafs looks good on them I think.

Hopefully nothing serious, possible cramps/spasm? Fingers are crossed.

This new 'mean' Maple Leafs looks good on them I think.

It absolutely suits them. I'm so happy they dumped the floaters and went with the kids.

And wow... Scrivens is doing a hell of a job.

He looked pretty bad as he went off last night...didn't even put any weight on his left leg as Liles (I think) helped him off the ice.

Then, I saw Nonis on the phone....figured that was a call to Van-City

He looked pretty bad as he went off last night...didn't even put any weight on his left leg as Liles (I think) helped him off the ice.

God I hope not!

According to TSN: "The Toronto Maple Leafs announced that James Reimer has a mild MCL knee strain and is expected to be out for a minimum of one week."

Saw this on twitter, got a chuckle:

If tonight's Leafs game was a comic strip, this would be two panels of it (via hfboards):

ke7qzn.jpg

Hopefully he's not out longer than a week.

Frattin out for a week with a knee injury, it's a shame he was really playing well and adding a lot of energy to the team.

Really makes you see how much this condensed season is affecting teams, there are so many injuries it's crazy.

Frattin out for a week with a knee injury, it's a shame he was really playing well and adding a lot of energy to the team.

Really makes you see how much this condensed season is affecting teams, there are so many injuries it's crazy.

The lack of training camp certainly didn't help

Mike Brown traded to Oilers for picks.

This makes me sad :(

They got great value for him though.. Conditional 4th, longshot 3rd. I'll take that for Mike Brown. I would have like to see one of the other bruisers go though, I liked Brown.

Glad it wasn't McLaren that got traded.. that man can fight (didn't look too happy with the result tonight despite the win).

From tonight, KO:

Love a good fight but it's always pretty scary when something like that happens. McLaren looked pretty concerned about the knockout as well

I know it happens fast, and it's easy to "arm chair" call anything...but I thought McLaren could have caught him, or protected his fall a little more than he did....he obviously knew he was out, and just let him ragdoll.

Cherry was talking about the "Fighting Code" a while back and showed a bunch of clips of guys who held up the other guy as he was falling...I think impact on the ice may have done as much damage as the punch itself.

Either way, it's a hell of a lot better than showboating after you do that to a guy, like some other guys have done.

They got great value for him though.. Conditional 4th, longshot 3rd. I'll take that for Mike Brown. I would have like to see one of the other bruisers go though, I liked Brown.

Edmonton got a hell of a player. The ideal type of 4th liner. He reminded me a lot of Tie Domi. Could drop the mitts, but had surprisingly soft hands, and appeared to be an above average skater. Wasn't a defensive liability. I'll definitely miss him.

I was sad it was Brown to go and not say Orr or McLaren. I know McLaren is a new pickup but to me Brown was the more usefull of any of their "goons". I wonder if this may have been somehow related to the penalty he took in the last loss to Montreal?

I don't care where the leafs finish, as long as they make the playoffs and play some exciting hockey. After years of being a Leafs fan my expectations are generally low. If they make the playoffs and survive the first round I'll be happy. It'd give me a chance to have a few hockey nights at my place with the boys.

I was sad it was Brown to go and not say Orr or McLaren. I know McLaren is a new pickup but to me Brown was the more usefull of any of their "goons". I wonder if this may have been somehow related to the penalty he took in the last loss to Montreal?

I don't care where the leafs finish, as long as they make the playoffs and play some exciting hockey. After years of being a Leafs fan my expectations are generally low. If they make the playoffs and survive the first round I'll be happy. It'd give me a chance to have a few hockey nights at my place with the boys.

I doubt it has anything to do with that hit.. it was a pretty weak call.

I'm hoping they end up playing Ottawa in the first round. At least we'll get to see two full rounds of playoff hockey in Toronto ;)

Man what a close game. Very even.

Not a fan of the empty net goal after enough of a high stick to knock a Phil's helmet off, but it ended up being irrelevant anyway.

Entertaining though for the most part. Definitely could have gone either way.

Aw man, completely deserved to win that game. At least they got a point.

Interestingly, PIT and TOR were the only two teams in the league without an OT or SO loss up until this game.

Great comeback. That's the type of hockey you need to play to win in the playoffs. Really impressed with how Kessel played. He was going to the dirty areas and working the hardest I've seen him work in a Leafs sweater.

Great comeback. That's the type of hockey you need to play to win in the playoffs. Really impressed with how Kessel played. He was going to the dirty areas and working the hardest I've seen him work in a Leafs sweater.

How about seeing Malkin and Crosby both destroyed with clean checks? Beautiful.

Also glad to see Grabovski get up and nearly score the winner after being boarded from behind.