Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

2013 Toronto Maple Leafs

Ah, why not.

Uhh... so the Leafs still suck.

At least they have a minor bright spot with Kostka.

Reimer has looked better than he did last year, but that's not saying much.

Kessel still has no goals.

Blowing that lead to the islanders was ridiculous.

Hmm.

... And in the summer we have the Jays to look forward too, haha.

As far as the Leafs are concerned, nothing all too surprising since once again pretty much nothing happened in the off season. There never going to be a better team if they keep putting the same crap on the ice every year! As far as Kostka is concerned I have been pretty impressed with him so far, especially playing the minutes he has been, alongside Phaneuf. Which brings me to my next point, what was he thinking blasting a shot like that at Lupul? Obviously it wasn't on purpose, but why on earth would you fire a shot like that when there's four people in front of the net? I've always been told to keep it low on shots from the blueline like that to get deflections or even a dirty rebound goal. I probably would have gotten in trouble for that in minor hockey nevermind a professional doing that! Anyways, I don't and didn't expect much from them this year and hoping they'll maybe get better this off season... there's always next year after all!

PS. I have been very impressed with Colton Orr on the fourth line. He seems to fit in great and looks like he has improved very much since Burke had to send him down to the minors. Anyways enough venting from me for one night!

Kostka looks good most of the time, but he's been seriously exposed by bigger, faster top-six forwards: he just can't handle those matchups.

I think that's still an experience thing for now. It is his first season in the big leagues so hopefully in due time he'll be able to start winning those battles and be a standout on the blue line.

I don't expect much out of them this year. Pretty much a wash with a new coach and new GM, unlikely to do anything significant besides audition the youngsters. I accept that. I think Nonis and Carlyle are much better than Burke and Wilson.

LET'S GO BLUE JAYS

Orr is the biggest improvement. By what I see he seems to be significantly faster and can skate a regular shift and grind it out. He's no skilled player by any stretch but he deserves regular 4th line minutes now and isn't so much as a liablity which is nice to see, especially with his toughness.

Orr is the biggest improvement. By what I see he seems to be significantly faster and can skate a regular shift and grind it out. He's no skilled player by any stretch but he deserves regular 4th line minutes now and isn't so much as a liablity which is nice to see, especially with his toughness.

I'd agree. While I don't necessarily see the need for two tough guys, it's hard to knock his and Mike Browns hard work grinding. I feel thats a 4th line that isn't a liability at least.

Rule 1 - Two defensemen should never be in the same corner.

Rule 2 - If the defensemen and center are low then a winger should not also be there.

Rule 3 - An opponent should never be THAT wide open in front of your own net.

Rule 1 - Two defensemen should never be in the same corner. Rule 2 - If the defensemen and center are low then a winger should not also be there. Rule 3 - An opponent should never be THAT wide open in front of your own net.

I didn't even go past the fact of 3 offensive players left to be covered by one defensive player.

563533_10200572408660828_958681061_n.jpg

Credit to DKmiller for posting that on facebook

This is HIGH-larious. I'm going to show my atom kids this photo....

The unfortunate part is that up until that terrible call on the goal called back, it was an even game. That was a huge momentum shift, and I think the result of such a young lineup who aren't mature enough to shake such a bad call off.

Wow. I realize it's just Montreal... but I haven't seen the Leafs completely dominate an opponent in every single facet of the game in a long LONG time. That was beautiful.

Wow. I realize it's just Montreal... but I haven't seen the Leafs completely dominate an opponent in every single facet of the game in a long LONG time. That was beautiful.

Montreal was flatter than flat. The Leafs just crushed them in every way. Reimer also looked really good tonight.

Orr trying to injure Plecs when leading 6-0 and dropping Bourque when he still has gloves on. Also biting Pacio? Very beautiful.

yAfHLaV.gif

LOL

It was great to see after MTL decided to start playing chippy that the Leafs weren't going to get pushed around and stood up for each other. Fantastic game all around.

Plekanec had it coming after he slashed Orr's wrists, way behind the play, all of ten seconds earlier. Dummying Gionta and Bourque was, I think, a blind reaction and a pure dick move, respectively.

If Bourque is hurt, Orr will be facing a suspension.

To be honest, I was as bored watching that game as I was when the Ducks went to the finals.

Orr threw a blatant leg check and McLaren's conduct with Gorges was bush league. Toss in the bite by Grabovsky and what should have been an enjoyable waxing of the Habs devolved into an embarrassing display by some Leafs.

Yeah, McLaren revealed himself as an even bigger twit than expected. If a guy half your size wants to go, cuff him around a bit if you must, then wrap up and give him a nod for putting his face on the line; that taunting was beyond bush league. I even thought Neil hamming it up after he fed Prust in the playoffs last year was questionable, and Prust is a little bigger than Neil.

I'm still not, though, sure that Orr did really try to knee Plekanec -- it wasn't Ulf-Style kneeing, at the very least.

Orr threw a blatant leg check and McLaren's conduct with Gorges was bush league. Toss in the bite by Grabovsky and what should have been an enjoyable waxing of the Habs devolved into an embarrassing display by some Leafs.

I'd agree with this. With the game LONG over, the Leafs definitely got roped into some major shenanigans that they should have just walked away from. Still, I'm happy to see them stand up for each other and not get pushed around, either.