Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

2013 Toronto Maple Leafs

Nonis saying he's not likely going to be making any moves. Thank god.

Say what you will about Reimer and his experience, but really... just about none of the Leafs have playoff experience. They need to build it together. Even if they get swept in 4 games, it's still more experience than Reimer would have gotten sitting on the bench.

You're not out of the woods yet as reports coming out of Vancouver say that Luongo was pulled from practice. Although practice was almost over he was still pulled and it MAY indicate that he's been traded and if so, the Leafs I believe were pretty much the only ones still in the race...

You're not out of the woods yet as reports coming out of Vancouver say that Luongo was pulled from practice. Although practice was almost over he was still pulled and it MAY indicate that he's been traded and if so, the Leafs I believe were pretty much the only ones still in the race...

TSN just reported that they do not believe that he was traded

Getting Luongo would've been the dumbest trade they've ever made, well except for that Raycroft for Rask deal. They're getting it done with who they have now, plus way better UFA options during the summer if they really want to go down that road. I don't really expect them to do that well in the playoffs anyway, but getting there will be a good experience for them for next year

Getting Luongo would've been the dumbest trade they've ever made, well except for that Raycroft for Rask deal. They're getting it done with who they have now, plus way better UFA options during the summer if they really want to go down that road. I don't really expect them to do that well in the playoffs anyway, but getting there will be a good experience for them for next year

I don't know that a goalie better than Luongo will be available in free agency. I will say that it's better to not make a deal than to make a bad one.

Agree. I'd rather them ALL get playoff experience together. And that means not replacing them with veterans for the sake of maybe one more playoff round won, at most.

I don't know that a goalie better than Luongo will be available in free agency. I will say that it's better to not make a deal than to make a bad one.

True, but I meant like better in terms of good enough talent without having to give anything away like prospects or draft picks, in terms of what Vancouver was looking for, and for me I still question Luongo's playoff abilities. Although I don't mind if they don't pick someone up, I think Reimer is starting to come into his game a lot more but definitely needs to work on some things still, but he's young so I have hope.

Agree with you on the game tonight Optimus, definitely fun to watch this team when they play really well, especially against Montreal haha. Would be fun for a playoff match-up for sure

I don't think the Leafs played particularly well, at least not well enough to justify the final score. There were stretches where the Habs kept them in their own zone, while accruing 37 shots on net. The bright spot in this game for me was the steady defensework as among those 37 shots, not many were from second chances. You simply don't get those 3 fluke goals on a goalie like Price every game for 4 games. It will definitely be fun to see these two squads in May though.

True, but I meant like better in terms of good enough talent without having to give anything away like prospects or draft picks, in terms of what Vancouver was looking for, and for me I still question Luongo's playoff abilities. Although I don't mind if they don't pick someone up, I think Reimer is starting to come into his game a lot more but definitely needs to work on some things still, but he's young so I have hope.

Agree with you on the game tonight Optimus, definitely fun to watch this team when they play really well, especially against Montreal haha. Would be fun for a playoff match-up for sure

I don't mind a veteran backup to teach Reimer the ropes. I think Scrivens is wasted sitting on the bench every night.

I don't think the Leafs played particularly well, at least not well enough to justify the final score. There were stretches where the Habs kept them in their own zone, while accruing 37 shots on net. The bright spot in this game for me was the steady defensework as among those 37 shots, not many were from second chances. You simply don't get those 3 fluke goals on a goalie like Price every game for 4 games. It will definitely be fun to see these two squads in May though.

I'd agree, the score should have been more like 3-1 at most. But like you said the defensive coverage has been spectacular. No PPG against in 6 games... 22/22. You really can't be disappointed with that kind of stat.

Also, sorry mods I didn't realize animated gifs were not allowed. I saw no mention in the MSH Code of Conduct and assumed it was okay.

Also, this is my 2000th post. CRAZY!

Well, with a WPG loss and a TOR win tonight the boys make playoffs. Fingers are crossed.

Also, HUGE game by Reims. Nice to see he can come up big.

That's what good teams do, they win games they shouldn't thanks to a goalie stealing one. Reimer definitely stole that game. What a snipe by Kessel, though. Good time for him to get hot.

I'm curious if Reimer or Scrivens will be playing tonight. On one hand it's hard to not play a red hot goalie, on the other... its the tail end of a back to back.

Scrivens is starting tonight, also a Lupul a game-time decision seeing how he is after warm-up, and MacArthur is a scratch

Edit: Lupul is in for sure taking MacArthur's place on the Kadri line, and Frattin is also out so Hamilton moves in to centre the 4th line

Ah, this is probably a good thing for them. They haven't been playing as well lately despite winning. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call.

Didn't really like the fact that they threw Scrivens in there. Totally understand the move just didn't agree with it. I think Reimer should have played tonight and gave them a little bit more confidence then you could have put Scrivens in once the spot is clinched! I have also never coached a game in my life haha, I do agree with the wake up call though, hopefully they'll come out flying next game!

Look what it did to Montreal. Completely different team after they got pummelled. The Leafs haven't been great in the last couple games - lazy, almost. Hopefully Carlyle screams at them a bit and they get their crap together.

Scrivens is a tough one... hard to play Reimer back to back just before the playoffs. And scrivens kept them in it early. He just got no help.

Frattin and MacArthur are back in tonight, so McLaren sits, someone else would have to as well, assume either Hamilton or Komarov. Reimer with the start as expected and defence look to be the same

Hamilton is the other scratch

Lines are:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Kulemin-Kadri-Lupul

MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin

Komarov-McClement-Orr

Gardiner-Phaneuf

Fraser-Franson

Liles-O'Byrne

Hopefully Frattin and MacArthur can get going, and they can pull off the win tonight