Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevRon30

OLD SCHOOL HOCKEY SOCKS

Does anyone know where to buy the OLD SCHOOL KNIT Ice hockey socks. I miss the thick heavy socks and hate these new style socks and can't seem to find any or anything close.

Like the above poster said, check nearby pro-shops. There's modelline hockey socks, which makes the heaviest of the knit socks I've worn. Their website also has factory seconds for cheap, something like $3/pair.

Like the above poster said, check nearby pro-shops. There's modelline hockey socks, which makes the heaviest of the knit socks I've worn. Their website also has factory seconds for cheap, something like $3/pair.

That website is awesome! Thanks a ton!!

Try to look for Pear or AK socks. I would stay away from CCM socks though. Those have always been crap IMHO...

Like the above poster said, check nearby pro-shops. There's modelline
hockey socks, which makes the heaviest of the knit socks I've worn.
Their website also has factory seconds for cheap, something like
$3/pair.

Cool site, but $12 bucks to ship a pair of socks?!? :wacko:

Try to look for Pear or AK socks. I would stay away from CCM socks though. Those have always been crap IMHO...

I have a couple pairs of AK socks & a couple of CCM socks & I would have to agree that the AKs are holding up much better than the CCMs. My CCMS have developed a hole or three in at least one of the pair & they're not used much more or much older. I wash both brands the same way with the rest of my hockey gear washables too.

Cool site, but $12 bucks to ship a pair of socks?!? :wacko:

For one pair, yeah, but if you ordered one of their 6-pair 'seconds' lots, it'd still come out to about $5/pair.

AK knit socks are the best I've ever used by far, they're thicker, stronger and tighter than any other knit sock. I'm an EDGE user and will never go back but when I wore knit socks it was AK or AK.