Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/161-2013-reebok-catalogue/

Skates - Unchanged but there is a SE version of the 20k. I was initially under the impression it would have the SpeedBlade holder, but then a few people on here who had met with their sales reps had told them it was just a white version.

Sticks - unchanged

Helmets - unchanged

Gloves - Unchanged, however, the 9000 4-Roll is no longer in the line.

Pants - not much different from the previous line spare stripes on the 18k and 16k, and different wordmark placement.

Protective - This is the big change for Reebok in 2013; starting with shoulder pads, the 20k line is completely free of plastic inserts. The pad is made completely out of foam, which makes it an extremely light pad. The caps have been redesigned (or resurrected from the Jofa pile, if you remember the 8800) in the sense that they are bigger and provide more frontal coverage. However, they are a lower profile, and feature a dual-core foam package. The caps extend down the line to the 16k, but the 20k is the only pad that is all foam.

The all-foam concept extends to the elbow pad as well; no plastic in them as well. Different design as well - the cap is integrated in the pad in the sense that it isn't sewn on like traditional elbow pads are.

The 20k shinguards are also a tweaked design, notably the joint between the two caps, and also, a new feature on the bottom of the pad to accommodate those who put their tongue behind their pads.

KFS Hybrid carries over from 2012.

So glad they finally made a lower profile shoulder cap. Maybe I'll actually like the fit now. I'm also really intrigued by the new shin guard design. I've always wanted to try Reebok shins but they just haven't fit correctly. Excited for the new line to come out!

A few things.

1st, the new shoulders look so much better than what Reebok has offered for the long while. I know we're in a subsection of the hockey playing population, but given Jofa's popularity in the shoulder/elbow department I was always curious why Reebok went so far away from the designs. The 18K Shoulders look absolutely perfect from my standpoint.

2nd, The glove's graphics packages have always, and continue to lack anything special, in my opinion. I mean, I've been in a pair of solid black Eagle PPF's for a while now, so I'm clearly not someone that only purchases something based on the merits of it's looks, but not since the 9K Pro Stock gloves have I seen anything from Reebok that made me remotely interested in trying them.

3rd, I had no idea that Oakley was being touted by Reebok, does Addias own Oakley as well?

3rd, I had no idea that Oakley was being touted by Reebok, does Addias own Oakley as well?

No, they do not. It stems from a lawsuit where there was a Jofa visor that infringed on Oakley's patents. they settled and one of the things that came out of it was that Reebok/CCM distributes Oakley.

Great thing about those shoulders, will look into them (prob. not 20k but 18k/16k) for the next season. Thanks for providing the info!

Got confirmation that the 20k SE is indeed a white version. The original plan was to have the SpeedBlade on it but the changes were made after the catalogue was finalized.

Got confirmation that the 20k SE is indeed a white version. The original plan was to have the SpeedBlade on it but the changes were made after the catalogue was finalized.

To clarify, the 20K and 17K, when released, will not have the new holder? The catalogue says that both feature the new holder. Likewise, the 20K in this catalogue is listed to have the Hyper-Glide polished runner while the 17K is listed to have the Speed blade runner. Will they have these runners upon release?

The all foam shoulder pads sound great. Cooper/Bauer had all foam shoulder pads a long time ago, and those were very light and protective. I wonder if the elbow pads will be protective enough without plastic caps

To clarify, the 20K and 17K, when released, will not have the new holder? The catalogue says that both feature the new holder. Likewise, the 20K in this catalogue is listed to have the Hyper-Glide polished runner while the 17K is listed to have the Speed blade runner. Will they have these runners upon release?

The new holder will only be on CCM skates on launch. I'm sure it'll be the holder on all their high-end skates soon enough, but just not at this time. That should simplify things.

Thanks JR.

Skates -

- Don't know if this is a typo or not, but it seems that this year's iteration of the 20K features an upgrade in the quarters, with Pro Armor V replacing Pro Armor IV on last year's

- The 17K occupies a pricepoint that bridges the rather large gap between the 18K's $700 (CDN) and 16K's $400 (CDN), makes sense

Sticks -

- 12K replaces 3K Resistance which continues to features what appears to be a Crossover blade

- Did they remove the A.i7 from the lineup? That has always been a tough pricepoint to sell at.

- With Perron and Hedman 'sharing' the P40 designation, does that mean that we will see sticks with both names? Or will Perron take over for more recent production runs?

Helmets -

- 4K is gone; what a shame.

- 3K now occupies bottom pricepoint, still with Fit clips but a new PE liner

Gloves - JR, did they remove the 9000 only? Or the entire 4 Roll line?

Pants - Great feature in the pant line; a contination of the 1" length adjustment zipper into the next pricepoint down, the 16K. The catalogue is confusing in that the features table shows that only the 20K, 18K and 16K have the zipper, while above, it says that the 14K has it as well. Anyone confirm?

Protective - This is huge. Can't wait to see them.

No, as I said in other threads, Hedman is there due to the fact that the Ai9 is a continuing line. Once that line is gone, you won't see his name on patterns anymore.

Boy, they havn't updated the 11k gloves for more than 2 years, what gives?

I'm surprised by this as well. Expected a change there.

Did they remove the entire 4-roll line because it doesnt appear anywhere in the catalog and their on clearance everywhere.

what would you pick between The mako shoulder pads or 18K?

I haven't tried the 18k's but I liked the Easton Pro shoulders better than the Mako shoulders. They have more of a Jofa/RBK feel to me.

Davetronz, you're not the only one having problems with the 20K shin strapping system. Upon trying them in-store, I've experienced the same issues as you have.

Davetronz, you're not the only one having problems with the 20K shin strapping system. Upon trying them in-store, I've experienced the same issues as you have.

Me too. Tried the 16k and the top strap just below the knee was extremely tight. And I have small legs. I'm 5'8 these were a 14.

The shoulder pads are comfortable. Only tried the 16,14 and 12k.

20k elbow pads are sick. I think I'd be a medium although the strap around my forearm is almost too long and the one around my bicep is tight. I am going to decide between these, the 18k or new dynasty.

Tried the 18k shin today. The calf strapped was just about right it was almost a little too short compared to the 20 K. The top strap was really short like the 20 K.