Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

Pittsburgh Penguins 2013

The expectations in Pittsburgh are very high and a stacked team is far from a guaranteed cup. An injury or two, a bad bounce or two, a rough start in the first round and the Pens could be known for one of the worst debacle in history. You just never know in the playoffs. Almost every year some teams fail to live up to expectations while others come out of nowhere and go further than anyone in their right mind would have thought. Malkin's another hard hit away to be sidelined again and so is Crosby. Fleury, you never really know what to expect from him. The cup run Fleury or the Fleury that stunk in the playoffs against Montreal in 2010 I think it was or even last year for that matter. The odds are certainly in their favor though.

It really does rest on Fleury. As much as I tried to vouch for him in his earlier years he lets in the softies. If he was consistent I wouldn't care but he's only on when he's on. If Morrow, Murray and Iggy didn't come back next year I wouldn't care as long as the Pens got the cup this year.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out on the ice. Unfortunately, I'm not getting that game in my hotel today.

yeah supposedly crosby is having oral surgery for losing a couple of teeth - as far as kunitz getting tossed it seemed like a case of the ref seeing the result of the hit and guessing that it must have been a dirty one.

yeah supposedly crosby is having oral surgery for losing a couple of teeth - as far as kunitz getting tossed it seemed like a case of the ref seeing the result of the hit and guessing that it must have been a dirty one.

I was pissed when the whistle blew and I knew they were gonna toss him. Unfortunate injury but I don't think it warranted a 5 or a suspension in the future.

OK, I just found the clip. I have no idea how you can say it wasn't worth a five and game.

Because both players went in for contact at the same time. Here's a gif of it and you can see Bailey went in for it and got out muscled. I didn't want to see him hurt but you know that's the only reason it was a 5 ad a game.

How can one player hit someone in the back if they "went for contact at the same time"? Kunitz hit him in the back and drove him into the boards, it's an easy 5 and game call. The side, ice-level angle shows it much more clearly than the high, overhead angle.

im curious if they even say it will be looked at - they could even rescind the misconduct - i have no idea which way this one might go..

I don't think they will issue a suspension, or rescind the game. There would have been an announcement by now if there was going to be a phone call.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=663047&navid=nhl:topheads

Crosby out indefinitely after surgery on broken jaw

i wonder if he will have to wear a cage for a while when he starts playing again

He'll probably be back in a week or so, unless it was shattered. My guess is that it will just be the bottom part of a concept II cut down. That seems to be the most common solution for guys with jaw/chin injuries.

They said it didn't need to be wired shut so I'm assuming this is a good thing. I'm no doctor just an assumption.

Karma.

Karma for what? Sid was out of the game in the first minute.

They said it didn't need to be wired shut so I'm assuming this is a good thing. I'm no doctor just an assumption.

Karma for what? Sid was out of the game in the first minute.

For they way they play. Cooke & Kunitiz are two of dirtier players in the league. Cooke has a rap sheet a mile long.

For they way they play. Cooke & Kunitiz are two of dirtier players in the league. Cooke has a rap sheet a mile long.

So clearly that's deserving of crosby having a broken jaw... :facepalm:

So clearly that's deserving of crosby having a broken jaw... :facepalm:

Sometimes it's better to let it go and not grace idiocy with a response...