Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton Mako conversions?

Easton said they have done a pair or two for some guys in the office.

Maybe they used some shims or lifts to even out the mounting of a frame on the Mako boot?

If this was me getting this type of conversion done, I'd make sure whomever I was entrusting with this project knows what they're doing.

pretty ballsy but definitely doable. might need a shim or two to get it to fit, but i've done a bunch of conversions with ice boots and they usually require some massaging.

from what i've found the chassis usually are 'flatter' compared to a more contoured outsole on ice boots.

I have not personally done it, but I have seen the Mako conversion on a couple peoples feet already.

What frame Hoffer? Vanguard?

And I guess I will be the MSH test-dummy. My pair should be coming in the next week or so.

What frame Hoffer? Vanguard?

And I guess I will be the MSH test-dummy. My pair should be coming in the next week or so.

Hummer with a heel lift.

MakoJA_zps46e1e097.jpg

Some Makos I converted for myself. 7.5EE boots with a medium Magnesium HiLo chassis. Probably the 5th or 6th pair I've done. It's not difficult it just takes a little more work to do it properly. Main goal is to minimize the stress on the rivets and the torque on the boot. After you remove the holders, sand down the old rivet holes to ensure a tight fit of the new inline chassis. The boot size and chassis brand/size will determine what height adjustments need to be made and where so that the profiles match (putting a Tour chassis on requires front lifts to roll all 80mm, and then typically double rear lifts). On the ones pictured above, I shaved the front of the back post of the chassis on the cross grind wheel. This minimized the height of the plastic wedge lift in the back. Coppers at the backs of each post and on the toe. Even with a short #6 steel rivet I was not liking how it felt in the toe box.

they look good and have a nice low profile. maybe if makos ever go on a huge sale and my ac2s are beat ill take the chassis off of those and put them on.

question though... do the makos have any of the sweat management holes on the bottom? if they do do they affect the grip of the wheels or get them wet?

they look good and have a nice low profile. maybe if makos ever go on a huge sale and my ac2s are beat ill take the chassis off of those and put them on.

question though... do the makos have any of the sweat management holes on the bottom? if they do do they affect the grip of the wheels or get them wet?

Yea they have a sweat management holes but I don't notice any slippage.They would be easy to plug if it became an issue though.

Those APXR frames look perfect on Makos, too bad that colors not available in frame only,

Looks like my Makos will be sitting in there box a while longer till i can decide on frames.

The APXR skates are on sale right now. Anybody you skate with need a boot? Buy the skates and sell him/her the boot while you keep the frames.

Those APXR frames look perfect on Makos, too bad that colors not available in frame only,

Looks like my Makos will be sitting in there box a while longer till i can decide on frames.

Does anyone have a pic from the bottom? Just want to make sure im lining it up right, pretty sure i have them right but im putting off drilling till im 100% sure