Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LakeshoreHockeyArenaWNY

Whats your worst on-ice injury?

dislocated my right shoulder and messed up my neck in January of this year after going into the boards full speed. If I sleep on it it still hurts a bunch even after all the physiotherapy I could throw at it.

^^^ Looks like they left a spare screw in there for ya!!! :laugh:

Hope its healed up good...

Im not gonna read this thread any more. I'm too old to be breaking bones and getting concussions playing pick up and beer league. Maybe I need to start coasting more... :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah that screw in there was to hold the two pieces of my fib together then the plate was the final piece. :)

I got checked in front of the net, the d and goalie decided to move me at the same time. Needless to say my back got tweaked. The pain management dr that I saw said i need to get a fusion between my L4/L5. Im suppose to have the surgery this thursday but am seeking another opinion tomorrow morning.

Broken jaw
Broken nose
Split eyebrow (7 zips)

split lip (6 zips)

4 broken ribs, torn cartilage (one hit)

1 or 2 concussions

Back of thigh sliced by a skate, fortunately it was really shallow

All the aches and pains and cracking that comes with 21 years and counting of playing.

Broken ankle. Both tibia and fibula, through the joint. Have screws and a plate in there.

Concussion where I don't really remember much from an entire week after. And I remember everything, in normal circumstances.

High ankle sprain after being taken out on a break away in a pick up game. Pretty sure that was 10 times more painful than the broken wrist I got in high school when I was playing travel. The sprain put me out a solid 4 months (even though I still skated when coaching which I know didn't help), but the broken wrist was barely a 4 week recovery...

I stepped on some tape the other night and fell hard just as I was stepping on the ice for a shift....seriously injured my pride.... :ohmy:

....oh and I broke my collar bone getting boarded, and my ankle by some stupid english pig with no brains in Bantams back in about 1984. I played out the rest of the game with the broken collarbone... :dry: ..but the broken ankle was just too much to play another shift...... :smile:

Blocked a clapper with the outside of my foot back in April, fractured my fifth metatarsal in my right foot.

Got shoved by someone in front of the net protecting their keeper. Stumbled backwards and my ankle folded beneath me.

Was playing in florida at the time and I'm from Scotland, the medical team said it was a sprain, went to the hospital when I got home two weeks later and I had broken my fibula, wasn't surprised seeing as my foot was purple. Didn't nw D a cast as the healing was underway and about 6 weeks later was back to normal.

Headfirst into end boards. Result was fractures to c7, t1 and t5 vertebrae, broken nose, broken teeth, sprained wrist, fractured thumb. Guys thought I was nuts when I was back on the ice after 5 months.

Separated shoulder and cracked collarbone would probably be the worst. Just a solid open ice hit from a bigger guy late in the first. Felt some neck pain, and thought it was just a strained neck muscle or something of the likes. Sat the rest of the period (maybe about five or six minutes) and finished the game. Probably a dumb idea, but luckily it was a hairline fracture and the separation wasn't extensive. Took maybe 3/4 of a month out of my season and then I was back on the ice.

I have also separated ribs countless times, though it's never an injury that keeps me out of the game. Only feels like my back needs a good cracking. Go to the chiropractor's when I can (might even be after a few more games or pactices), get it popped back in, and I'm back on the ice next practice/game