Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

I'm a cider fan... and couldn't find any Strongbow, K, or Woodchuck so I settled for a 6'er of Harpoon Cider.

I was pretty decent. Not overly sweet, and not too much bite- it was really light, smooth and refreshing. Great post game beverage. The Jager-bombs at the cookout however... coulda gone without those.

I've become a beerfag and for the last week have drank nothing but Lindemans 750ml bottles. I like the apple, peach, dark cherry and raspberry. Blueberry can go to hell.

I've become a beerfag and for the last week have drank nothing but Lindemans 750ml bottles. I like the apple, peach, dark cherry and raspberry. Blueberry can go to hell.

Beer and fruit has just never sat well with me. I can't even enjoy of Heffenheisen (spelling??) because of it. I guess I just simply like "beer" taste. ;)

Beer and fruit has just never sat well with me. I can't even enjoy of Heffenheisen (spelling??) because of it. I guess I just simply like "beer" taste. ;)

It's been hit and miss for me but I like this stuff. Then again, it does have a more fruity taste and for its size it doesn't pack a punch at all. I'm going to go off the wagon and hit Alaska Summer Ale for the rest of the week and games.

I was pretty impressed with the Sam Adam's Summer Ale last year for a seasonal brew....I'm going to have to order a pint somewhere this weekend and see if it lives up to my expectations from last summer.

I don't think I've had it and haven't seen it. I like Curveball, the Pyramid summer ale. Alaska is a kolsch-style and I less than three me some kolsch.

this years summer ale is interesting i guess, im not a huge fan. i much rather have a blue moon, killigans irish red, or even a guiness. the summer ale has a strange bite/after taste which reminds me of the taste of wood as strange as that sounds. but for $9 and if you are a beer conaseurer (sp?) but a 6 pack and give it a shot.

this years summer ale is interesting i guess, im not a huge fan. i much rather have a blue moon, killigans irish red, or even a guiness. the summer ale has a strange bite/after taste which reminds me of the taste of wood as strange as that sounds. but for $9 and if you are a beer conaseurer (sp?) but a 6 pack and give it a shot.

I was a big fan of the winter ale. The summer ale, like you said, has somewhat of a pronounced aftertaste. I'm right there with you with the Killian's. It's a perfect beer in my mind. Lately, I've been enjoying Bass and Stella from the tap at some places.

I had Killian's for the first time the other day, and I was really impressed. I really enjoyed it. I had O'Hara's Irish Red also not too long ago and that was fantastic.

I agree with you on the aftertaste....like a hint of cedar or something like that. Personally....I enjoyed it. But for me, I still have Guinness or a Boddington's at the top of my list for refreshing beers. I'm just a fiend for nitrogen aeration. ;)

Wowee, bad night at the bar last night. Pitchers of Long Islands (and variants) are $6 on Thursdays and I think when all was said and done I had half a dozen beers and 2 pitchers.

My headache today will probably keep me from my friend's 21st party tomorrow.

Isn't the remedy for a nasty headache/hangover to just drink more? ;)

Isn't the remedy for a nasty headache/hangover to just drink more? ;)

Maybe, but there are more factors keeping me from going. It's supposed to be an "anything but clothes" party. Part of me wants to go to see how many saran-wrapped girls there are, part of me doesn't want to find something to wear. They already nixed hockey pants, though I made my case against it being clothes.

I forgot how bad hangovers are, but this girl takes a pitcher and just says "here drink this, show my friend here how much of a man you are" so down it went. He was pissed that I slammed his pitcher he was nursing, but then... something something and I wound up home in my bathroom with a housemate asking why I was naked on the floor.

I think it was her boyfirend, but she claims it not being on facebook meant nothing was official. I laughed, took the free drink and don't remember much else.

...this girl takes a pitcher and just says "here drink this, show my friend here how much of a man you are" so down it went.

That was no girl, that was your inner alcoholic! :P

Haha, a guy I used to hang out with used to do some ridiculous stuff when he was drinking like attempt backflips off tables and down pitchers like it was coming from a shot glass, every morning after he'd call me and tell me about how he was being dared to do these things by beautiful girls and how they were really impressed that he could drink so much. I never had the heart to tell him we carried him from one place to another and that these "beautiful" girls stayed at a distance for fear of being vomitted on...

Give me a little credit, pantherfan. I wasn't that drunk when I met her, but now that I'm thinking about it things are getting much clearer.

She was pretty hot and my friend was hitting on her something awful. I asked my other friend who she was and learned she's a AXZ sister with a boyfriend. The chick came back about how it's not on facebook, therefore not official and she can flirt or fuck whomever she wants. My friend who was hitting on her was nursing a Long Alaskan and the girl and my other friend were trying to get him to do more than just sip it. So the girl gave it to me. I knew I was going to be gone when that kicked in so I said goodnight and walked home. Puked a bit, didn't get much sleep, felt like ass when I woke up but food and a few glasses of water have me in a much better state this afternoon.

Last time I had a Killians it tasted a bit like soap. It's a decent beer, just not flavorful or interesting enough to really want to have on a regular basis. Maybe I'll try another and see how it treats me.

My favorite cider is Newton's Folly, which I found at Trader Joe's for $1 a bottle. It's got more flavor than Hardcore cider and not as tart as Woodchuck. The Granny Smith version is way too sweet though. I think it'd make a fine Snakebite with a Harp or Bass pale ale.

Since I have just recently moved to Baton Rouge LA, I feel is necessary to immerse myself in the culture here. Thus, a friend of mine is coming in town tomorrow and we are planning on going to the Abita Brewery about 20 minutes from here. Probably the most popular (mainstream) beer that they offer is the Purple Haze, which I personally am not a big fan of, but I have seen it at plenty of bars, in a pint glass, with some hottt chicks hand wrapped around it. I'll report back on my findings come Monday. ;)

Since I have just recently moved to Baton Rouge LA, I feel is necessary to immerse myself in the culture here. Thus, a friend of mine is coming in town tomorrow and we are planning on going to the Abita Brewery about 20 minutes from here. Probably the most popular (mainstream) beer that they offer is the Purple Haze, which I personally am not a big fan of, but I have seen it at plenty of bars, in a pint glass, with some hottt chicks hand wrapped around it. I'll report back on my findings come Monday. ;)

I am jealous. I have many fond (though hazy) Abita-fueled memories of trips to NOLA.

I like their new "Jockamo" IPA. I enjoy their Amber when I'm down there, but less so when I find it here in SF.

I am jealous. I have many fond (though hazy) Abita-fueled memories of trips to NOLA.

I like their new "Jockamo" IPA. I enjoy their Amber when I'm down there, but less so when I find it here in SF.

So far I have had the Purple Haze (not a huge fan), their Amber and their Root Beer (very tasty). Their Amber is clean and smooth with little to no after taste. A good amber, but not my favorite out there. I'm anxious to try their Turbo Dog as I have had it bottled, but never on tap. Unfortunately they don't make a Stout or Porter...two of my personal favorites. But I'm confident that I discover a new tasty brew or two. B)

So far I have had the Purple Haze (not a huge fan), their Amber and their Root Beer (very tasty). Their Amber is clean and smooth with little to no after taste. A good amber, but not my favorite out there. I'm anxious to try their Turbo Dog as I have had it bottled, but never on tap. Unfortunately they don't make a Stout or Porter...two of my personal favorites. But I'm confident that I discover a new tasty brew or two. B)

I'm not a big fan of the TurboDog or Purple Haze (sweet, nasty finishes). Stout or porter would be SWEEEEEEET. But I don't see them making those, in hot, humid LA.

Try the IPA -- you might like that.

Again, I'm jealous -- If I was in Nola right now (a late Fri nite), I'd be at the Maple Leaf (no relation to YYZ), the Rock & Bowl, Tipitina's, d.b.a, Howlin' Wolf, etc., having a f***ing BALL.

Enjoy a visit to the brewery (I gotta do that one on these days) and a trip to the city! Geaux Tigers, as they say......

I posted my brewery tour post in the Post Game Beer thread on accident.....OOPS!!!

As anticipated....I went on a brewery tour this weekend to the Abita Brewing Company (www.abita.com) with a buddy of mine. Coming from a micro-brewery rich area like Asheville NC I have to admit that I had lower expectations for quality of the beer and the fascility. Unfortunately, my expectations were pretty much spot on. The brewery itself was nice, clean, and relatively impressive, but the beers themselves were a touch lackluster. The only brews that they had that I honestly enjoyed were the Amber and their Golden. The rest of the beers just weren't too my liking, or honestly didn't stand out on my personal pallatte.

Hey....to each his own though.

Bringing this back up.

Being across the border so much (where I'm legal) and going out with the boys, I've become quite fond of Moosehead, Alexander Keith's, Molson Canadian and Heineken.

The U.S. side presents a bit more difficulty - but it's been my experience that I'm not missing too much; I used to be pretty ignorant - but drinking the good stuff in The Great White North has spoiled me a bit...so the bastardized "American" Mooseheads and Canadians just make me want to cry.