Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

A liquor store cashier once told me:

"friends don't let friends drink OE (Olde English)"

haha, that stuff is plain nasty

A liquor store cashier once told me:

"friends don't let friends drink OE (Olde English)"

haha, that stuff is plain nasty

You're from Vancouver...

You just gotta know how to work that OE...

I'm a sucker for anything with Nitrogen aeration....I'm just not a big fan of carbonation in anything.

Boddington's is my personal fave

Can never go wrong with a properly built Guinness either. ;)

I'm a sucker for anything with Nitrogen aeration....I'm just not a big fan of carbonation in anything.

Can never go wrong with a properly built Guinness either. ;)

Agree on both

Y'know Chadd... If it were possible and I drank Balashi here in Boston, I highly, highly doubt it would be as enjoyable as drinking it on a cruise ship in Oranjestad. I think the hot weather makes it so damn good. I'm sure you're going before I make it back again, but we're getting a week of the timeshare next summer..... although I'd like to do all-inclusive there someday. Maybe if I stop buying sticks and skates??

...Cannot wait to get girl-drink drunk at the Divi, then shotgun ponys of Balashi.

Y'know Chadd... If it were possible and I drank Balashi here in Boston, I highly, highly doubt it would be as enjoyable as drinking it on a cruise ship in Oranjestad. I think the hot weather makes it so damn good. I'm sure you're going before I make it back again, but we're getting a week of the timeshare next summer..... although I'd like to do all-inclusive there someday. Maybe if I stop buying sticks and skates??

...Cannot wait to get girl-drink drunk at the Divi, then shotgun ponys of Balashi.

It's great in the parking lot after a game too. I still have half a dozen or so in the fridge, you want one?

We're going to rent a house or condo for the week next spring unless we can lock down a place by then. Actually there's a property in Seroe Blanco that I have my eye on. There's an extra apartment included so I could host a gathering of some sort.

never had bulmers, but if i recall correctly, woodpecker (as well as woodchuck) was too sweet. magners was good but tasted too "refined", if that makes any sense. it was too light may be what i'm trying to say. i don't know tasting terms.

When i was in America last summer i had Woodpecker, and it tasted a lot different to the woodpecker we have in UK, and i have to say i prefer our version! That said I did enjoy woodchuck.

I think my probem may be I overdid the strongbow once or twice too many times, and now any more than a few pints guarantee a headache the next morning :unsure:

For the Boddinton's fans out there ... ask the bar man for a "scoop" and see if he knows what you are after.

When Boddy's first started heavy advertising, their first big TV ad was with an ice cream truck and a girl (Mel Sykes before she went a bit dodgey) serving Boddys in it and she asks a guy if he wanted "one scoop or two" ... as the head is just oh so creamy, like an ice cream cone....

It's great in the parking lot after a game too. I still have half a dozen or so in the fridge, you want one?

We're going to rent a house or condo for the week next spring unless we can lock down a place by then. Actually there's a property in Seroe Blanco that I have my eye on. There's an extra apartment included so I could host a gathering of some sort.

Where did you find it? I'd probably just keep it in my fridge to motivate me to save up some loot and go. If we ever wrap up our wedding planning, we were thinking of going back for a honeymoon. Good times, good times... *sigh*

has any one had the sam adams cherry wheat? its a great sweet beer with a tiny big of weight to it, but goes well with any meal. its a bit light for the real beer conaseurer (sp?) but delicious, and that candy cherry in the bottom is the cats ass after a long day.

I think I've had that before. Or maybe it was their cranberry lambic I'm thinking of. The closest I get to flavoured beer (except for snooty ol' Lindemans) is Pete's Strawberry Blonde.

has any one had the sam adams cherry wheat? its a great sweet beer with a tiny big of weight to it, but goes well with any meal. its a bit light for the real beer conaseurer (sp?) but delicious, and that candy cherry in the bottom is the cats ass after a long day.

I thought it was a great beer. But Sam's most recent beer that I loved was last years Summer Solstice. DEAR GOD....probably the finest beer that SA has ever put out. Simply fantastic.

Where did you find it? I'd probably just keep it in my fridge to motivate me to save up some loot and go. If we ever wrap up our wedding planning, we were thinking of going back for a honeymoon. Good times, good times... *sigh*

I brought a 12 pack back when I was down there last month. Let me know if you're heading back, I have a couple suggestions.

I brought a 12 pack back when I was down there last month. Let me know if you're heading back, I have a couple suggestions.

As long as you don't suggest Carlos N Charlies....haha. aside from the random abductions, I wasn't too keen on being offered coke every 6 minutes or so.

Michigan cherries too!

Tastes better on top.

Cranberry Lambic's pretty good too - comes out holiday-time.

Cherry wheat is too sweet for me. The sweetest I'll go is a good Heifeweizen with a slice of orange. Julius Ecter used to be a nice choice.

Cherry wheat is too sweet for me. The sweetest I'll go is a good Heifeweizen with a slice of orange. Julius Ecter used to be a nice choice.

I just can't do the Heife's....too sweet for me. And if it has an actual fruit in it (sans Corona of course) I can't stomach it and believe it should include a pink umbrella in it also. ;)

As long as you don't suggest Carlos N Charlies....haha. aside from the random abductions, I wasn't too keen on being offered coke every 6 minutes or so.

Actually, I've never been there. It wasn't my type of place according to most reports. There are a couple good roadside bars in the cunucu and a place in Arikok park with an amazing view. I'll try and get a couple pics up for you by the weekend.

Yeah, we hit downtown one of the first nights we were there.. Guys kept coming up to me, nodding and tapping their noses with their finger. Me being completely oblivious to it all just said "hi".. a cab driver pointed out to me they were trying to sell me drugs. We didn't get to travel the entire island... mostly downtown (bleh), and a couple of other resorts all adjacent to the Divi/Tamarijn, etc.

You ever hit Texas De Brazil? Dear lord.. I must have eaten about 12 pounds of steak at that place..

You ever hit Texas De Brazil? Dear lord.. I must have eaten about 12 pounds of steak at that place..

My wife is a vegetarian. Go ahead and rub it in.

But you do enjoy a tasty burger.

Well they do have a huge, huge buffet spread with all sorts of sides, rice dishes, salads, etc... just obviously not worth the price-per plate if she wasn't doing to eat any of the meats.