Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

New Easton pattern e36

It's supposed to be a p88 type curve but more open at the toe. Is it anything like a p14? When I look at my p89 and p14 they look real similar. Rocker, lie, length. Only difference I see is p14 curves a little but more at toe and more open there. Sounds close to what e36 is supposed to be.

E36 is a P88 style, similar shape and length with the "duel lie". I have played with both P88 and E36 for some time now and can say they both shoot and play very similar. Biggest difference is the slightly open toe. Its built to work with the shooting technique Easton has been marketing. I'm a big fan of this curve and think it will be easier for people to use than the E28 but still get the effects Easton is looking to have with the V-Series.

I have an E36 V9E showing up in the mail next week, I'll post a picture of it when I have it.

Really wish they had kept the Heatley. Oh well.

I have an E36 V9E showing up in the mail next week, I'll post a picture of it when I have it.

why not get an iginla if you wanted heatley? Does the E36 have a closer lie to a heatley?

Because iginla and heatley are nearly identical curve accept for the lie and a slightly squarer toe on the heatley.

why not get an iginla if you wanted heatley? Does the E36 have a closer lie to a heatley?

Because iginla and heatley are nearly identical curve accept for the lie and a slightly squarer toe on the heatley.

I wanted to try the E36.

The Heatley is also longer. The lie, toe shape, and length make all the difference for me between those two curves.

I wanted to try the E36.

The Heatley is also longer. The lie, toe shape, and length make all the difference for me between those two curves.

Gotcha, the short blade, and lie and slightly rounded toe of the iginla makes it perfect for me. I would too be interested in trying to E36. Let us know how you like it. Especially compared to the heatley.

Got to see several e36 today. They were not consistent from stick to stick. Some had deeper curves than others. Some the toe looked to be more open than others. Some were marked e36 but were clearly e28's

Got to see several e36 today. They were not consistent from stick to stick. Some had deeper curves than others. Some the toe looked to be more open than others. Some were marked e36 but were clearly e28's

eastons consistency from stick to stick the past years has been terrible. ive had probably 20-30 easton sticks the past couple years, all hall/sakic/e3, and some looked like the ccm nugent hopkins that had more heel. the flex consistency has also been all over the place, i use 100 and some felt like 85 and some feel like 110+

I think the most goals I ever scored with a single stick was with my Synergy Elite, Heatley curve. That was a great stick, but the Synergy Elite is no more, and I think Easton rested on it's laurels a bit too much. A few years ago, Easton had the best sticks on the market. But both Warrior and Bauer have surpassed them in recent years. Maybe Easton is trying to come back a bit, though.

How does the E36 lie compare to P88? I know what the stick says but I'm interested in the actual comparison.

Thanks!

Couldn't tell you or show you, sorry. I am not a P88 user normally.

It's definitely not an E28. I'll grab a pic tonight with a Sakic and Modano curves to compare.

In regards to flex on the new V Series sticks the V9 is stiffer compared to the Mako2 and the V9E is softer compared to the RS2.

Krev, did you get the same flex you always get? Wondering if I should stick with 75 or possibly go up to 85

Krev,

Did you get to the try the V9E yet?

I've been using the V9E for about two months.

In regards to the pattern, it was...different. I've been using Sakic clones mostly since I broke all my Heatley curves, and I had to really give more of a follow through than previously. Bad habit and a combination of laziness most likely. I will adjust fine, but I am looking forward to the other V9E I have arriving this week. Has a Kane pro curve on it.

Is the stick that good and an improvement over the rs 2?

I'm deciding on going with which, v9 or v9e

I liked the original RS more than the RS2, and I prefer the V9E over both of them.