Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

New Easton pattern e36

Yesterday, I went and looked at and tried out the E36 at the local shop. I'm coming from an Iginla curve (have also used Kane before ) I compared the E36 to both ( I wish I took some pictures) First thing I noticed is that the blade is very short. If I remember correctly, it was about an inch shorter than Iginla and maybe two shorter than the Kane. The Iginla is already kind of a smaller curve. It was also a bit deeper than the Iginla, and of course had more rocker than both.

As far as shooting went, I tried the V9E, and really found it pretty easy going from the Iginla to the E36. The curves feel like they're located on a similar spot on the blade. The dual lie did make it easier to shoot a snap shot with my chest facing the net, (rather than a sweeping style shot) since I could pull the puck in and shoot it from closer to my body.

Tried a couple of backhands too, seemed to work pretty well, but it was dry-land.

All and all, Might get an E36 on my next stick, I just worry about the shorter paddle. I found it definitely more comparable to an Iginla than a Kane.

Also, couldn't get the hang of the E28

Yesterday, I went and looked at and tried out the E36 at the local shop. I'm coming from an Iginla curve (have also used Kane before ) I compared the E36 to both ( I wish I took some pictures) First thing I noticed is that the blade is very short. If I remember correctly, it was about an inch shorter than Iginla and maybe two shorter than the Kane. The Iginla is already kind of a smaller curve. It was also a bit deeper than the Iginla, and of course had more rocker than both.

As far as shooting went, I tried the V9E, and really found it pretty easy going from the Iginla to the E36. The curves feel like they're located on a similar spot on the blade. The dual lie did make it easier to shoot a snap shot with my chest facing the net, (rather than a sweeping style shot) since I could pull the puck in and shoot it from closer to my body.

Tried a couple of backhands too, seemed to work pretty well, but it was dry-land.

All and all, Might get an E36 on my next stick, I just worry about the shorter paddle. I found it definitely more comparable to an Iginla than a Kane.

The E36 you saw was an inch shorter than an Iginla and two shorter than the Kane? And you found the E36 to be more comparable to the Iginla/E7? Wouldn't make much sense for Easton to clone an already pre-existing curve now would it. Chances are you were comparing an E36 Intermediate stick to Senior Iginlas and Kanes. From the 3 pages of info on this post you'll come to learn that the E36 is a P88 style curve. Nothing more, nothing less.

The E36 you saw was an inch shorter than an Iginla and two shorter than the Kane? And you found the E36 to be more comparable to the Iginla/E7? Wouldn't make much sense for Easton to clone an already pre-existing curve now would it. Chances are you were comparing an E36 Intermediate stick to Senior Iginlas and Kanes. From the 3 pages of info on this post you'll come to learn that the E36 is a P88 style curve. Nothing more, nothing less.

Agree 100% E36 = P88 Style.

Try a pull wrister with the E28 and you wont look back. Backhands are great and its flat enough in the heel to mid to throw some great flat sauce.

Just came from the pro shop, and had the same thoughts. Compared to the E28, and all other patterns, it did seem a little short, which concerns me. I know its mostly just a confidence thing, but for me it was the difference between me hating the iginla pattern (short), and loving the heatley (long).

Since falling in love with the heatley, im looking for a pattern with a lower lie, which brought me to the E28 or E36. I prefer a less open face, which makes me favor the E36 (besides the heatley, I use a warrior/zetterberg and a bauer/kane). I think Easton is the only company which makes a blade that suits my needs.

So two questions:

1. Are they ever going to start releasing these as replacement blades? I can usually get high end shafts for ~$25 and stick a blade on it, so I feel much less pressure not to crack my blade.

2. I LOVE the textured grip finish that is on the V9E. That same grip is also on the mako II shaft that Im currently using, and the warrior widow I used to use. If they dont start releasing replacement blades, im gonna have to bite the bullet and get a one piece. I'm fine with getting something for ~100-150, since I dont care as much about having the best performance or super light or anything, but I do love that grip.

Which sticks come with that textured grip besides the v9? Besides Easton, whats close to this E36 (with a low lie). Id be open to other brands if it meant getting that grip. And does easton still sell pro stocks? I dont see newer ones anywhere.

The e36 is same length, same lie, same curve as bauer Kane and current warrior zetterberg. As long as we are talking all senior sticks.

Looks to me to be shorter, has a lower lie, and is more open than the kane.

Warriors lie is BS since the zetterberg is listed at 4, but bauer seems pretty accurate, and the kane is listed at 6. (these are both almost identical in every way IMO)

I was just comparing sticks, and it looked pretty obvious to me that the lie of the E36 was lower than most sticks - which is the primary reason why im interested in it.

People have said the heatley is the same as the iginla, which to me couldnt be further from the truth, since the iginla is a tiny paddle, and the lie isnt as low as the heatley.

If u take them and turn them upside down so the blade is near ur head, line the blades up and they are almost exact. The e36 and p88. I'll check it again to be sure but I'm pretty sure

If u take them and turn them upside down so the blade is near ur head, line the blades up and they are almost exact. The e36 and p88. I'll check it again to be sure but I'm pretty sure

The bottoms are probably close, but the E36 is definitely more open. The paddle size might not be smaller, but rather an illusion since the lie is lower, and might make the paddle look smaller. I think you can see the effect in the picture someone earlier posted.

The E36 (far left) has a lower lie than the E3 (middle), and kind of makes the blade look smaller.

PZX2eHb.jpg

(looks like the paddle is shorter despite the E36 being a little out ahead of the E3 near the heel)

It definitely is smaller paddle than the Kane, and the Iginla is smaller than the Kane, so I think that's why I found it easier (coming from the Iginla) to shoot with an E36 than a Kane. That's all I meant.

Looks to me to be shorter, has a lower lie, and is more open than the kane.

Warriors lie is BS since the zetterberg is listed at 4, but bauer seems pretty accurate, and the kane is listed at 6. (these are both almost identical in every way IMO)

I was just comparing sticks, and it looked pretty obvious to me that the lie of the E36 was lower than most sticks - which is the primary reason why im interested in it.

People have said the heatley is the same as the iginla, which to me couldnt be further from the truth, since the iginla is a tiny paddle, and the lie isnt as low as the heatley.

Warrior's lie is BS? You realize different manufacturers have different ways of stating their lies. There is no such thing as an "industry standard". Warrior in fact stopped stating lies with their DT1LT sticks. Caused some confusion and seemed to have affected sales.

Who said Heatley is the same as the Iginla? Heatley is a Lie 5 (Iginla 5.5) and it has a square toe. Very similar but not the same.

Warrior's lie is BS? You realize different manufacturers have different ways of stating their lies. There is no such thing as an "industry standard".

Yes, and their method was the worst of all as it only measured the lie from the heel to the middle of the blade and was inconsistent due to the rocker on blades making the "one off" description highly inaccurate.

Warrior's lie is BS? You realize different manufacturers have different ways of stating their lies. There is no such thing as an "industry standard". Warrior in fact stopped stating lies with their DT1LT sticks. Caused some confusion and seemed to have affected sales.

Who said Heatley is the same as the Iginla? Heatley is a Lie 5 (Iginla 5.5) and it has a square toe. Very similar but not the same.

Yes I realize that they are all different, but theirs way just so far off compared to EVERY other brand, it made the lie measurement even more worthless. A warrior 4 lie is actually higher than an easton 5.5. So a warrior 4 = everyone elses 6? Which also means warrior has NO blades that have any real low lies, unlike other manufacturers who offer blades in a lie 5 or 5.5 that were ACTUALLY lower than most standard lies.

So what I was saying was that the easton 5 lie is actually much lower than most blades - which is what im looking for.

And I could have sworn it was mentioned that heatley was eastons version of the iginla in this or maybe another thread (besides the square toe). I know for sure people have said Iginla is the same as a P88 (which i strongly disagree with), and in this thread, people were saying this is a P88 clone, which i also disagree with.

The Heatley and Iginla patterns are both Easton patterns. I'll stop at that correction and let others tear apart the rest of your comments.

To correct myself:

People have said in the past - if you want a P88 style easton blade, then a iginla is close

Earlier in this thread, people said this is a P88 clone, which I disagree with.

Just pointing out that all three patterns are not the same.

Any problems with anything else i said? Please tear away........

The bottoms are probably close, but the E36 is definitely more open. The paddle size might not be smaller, but rather an illusion since the lie is lower, and might make the paddle look smaller. I think you can see the effect in the picture someone earlier posted.

The E36 (far left) has a lower lie than the E3 (middle), and kind of makes the blade look smaller.

PZX2eHb.jpg

(looks like the paddle is shorter despite the E36 being a little out ahead of the E3 near the heel)

I don't understand what you're trying to argue here. You're comparing a Kane to an E36 talking about its paddle size and lie creating and "optical illusion" yet you've taken and reposted Krev's picture which has an E36 next to an E3 (which is a Hall curve) and made an assumption that you're comparing a Kane to an E36. The E3 has nothing to do with the Kane. It would be awesome if you believed what we're telling you: The E36 is a P88 clone. Previously in life, history, and time when Easton did not offer the E36, Iginla was the best alternative, it was never the same as the Kane.

btw I'm not trying to tear apart your comments, it just comes off as you not knowing much about curves, which is why this forum is here.