Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nizfiz

A few suggestions here.

- Bauer Supreme line: Looking at your foot, that's what I would have suggested first. The pitch can be fixed with a heel lift, the support in the ankles, not so much.

- CCM RBZ: Might have the right width that you're looking for, but possible depth issues. Worth a try rather than the CL's,

- Graf I'd slot you into a 705 or G65/G75 to start. The 735 or G35 are likely going to be too narrow, especially in the heel and ankle, perhaps the forefoot and mid-foot.

- Mako, worth a try if you can get your hands on a pair.

In regards to the flooding here in Calgary and the Graf Factory. The factory wasn't really affected by the floods as far as I'm aware - this shouldn't be an issue affecting stock or orders.

if you do try the RBZ line might want to go down a bit in size, i wear a 7.5D in u10 and the CCM rep had me in a 6.5D at summer jam

The Graf G35 also comes in a Wide model. That may or may not address the fitting issues you had with that boot.

Hi all,

This is my first post, so go easy on me :)

I've been thinking about new skates for a while, and I'm looking for a midline skate for not a lot, perhaps one of a previous year's line.

My previous skate was an Easton EQ3 in 8EE. It wasn't all that bad, save for incessant pains in the midfoot region; it got so bad that I started to sit out shifts and practices on the ice.

I have feet really, really similar to nizfiz's (almost identical), so I figured this was the best place to ask. I went to the store and tried on a couple lines (Vapor, Nexus, Reebok), and a lot of them felt not too shabby. The Nexus, for some reason, as this apparently should be the best fit of all the lines I tried (according to Bauer's marketing) was the one I disliked most; way too roomy, with a much-too-deep heel for my liking.

The Reebok probably fit more or less the best, but midline Rbk skates below $200 are very hard to come by (I'm still in high school, and pay for my gear on my own).

Interestingly, the Vapor (X70 in 8D, if you were wondering) was close behind in terms of comfort and fit; it felt plenty wide enough, with good volume. This was strange, considering I have wide, flat feet and only fit into EE width skates in the past.

I did look around online for a few choices, and I eventually also found a CCM U+Shock on sale. I am stuck between this, a Bauer Vapor X4.0 from last year's Vapor line, and the Reebok White K as a higher-priced alternative. How do you guys think the CCM would fit my feet, and do you guys have other suggestions?

Thanks.

Fellas, I just moved from a graf 709 to the ccm cl's. I'll be honest I have feet like snowshoes, and after the bake the cl's are quite an amazing skate. I could quote all the tech lingo like power transfer and blah blah blah..... But here's the need to know . After being baked the form around my foot made the skates much more comfortable than they did when I first tried them on ( very uncomfortable before bake ). The arch support of the footbed is the best I have ever worn. The skates have a very nice feel and the heel cup is quite snug and holds the foot nicely. The skates are crazy light, which never hurt. The boots do come a little higher and are a little stiff, I leave the top 2 eyes unlaced. Beyond that snug'em up turn and burn....they're fast wheels!

Vapor X100 Sz 8D:

Liked the forward pitch, my ankle felt supported again. My only real problem with them is that they hurt in the forefoot and front of the arch. Looking from the top, you could see the laces bulge out a bit in the middle. From the side, you could see the volume of my foot pushing the tongue out beyond the rest of the boot in middle of my foot. Are the vapors for a low volume, shallow in-step foot?

Try a 7 1/2 EE and an 8 EE See if that helps with the fore front width and depth issue. Looks to be the best skate fit IMO.

Vapor X100 Sz 8D:
Liked the forward pitch, my ankle felt supported again. My only real problem with them is that they hurt in the forefoot and front of the arch. Looking from the top, you could see the laces bulge out a bit in the middle. From the side, you could see the volume of my foot pushing the tongue out beyond the rest of the boot in middle of my foot. Are the vapors for a low volume, shallow in-step foot?
Try a 7 1/2 EE and an 8 EE See if that helps with the fore front width and depth issue. Looks to be the best skate fit IMO.

I have similar fit issues in the Vapor 8D and found that a 7.5EE fits very well.

I hope the OP doesn't mind me piggy backing on his thread. I am in the middle of a very long search for a pair of skates. Right now I have a pair of size 9 Easton EQ 5's that kill my feet. I bought a pair of Pro Stock Total Ones size 8 3/4 DA, width wise they felt great but were too long I felt like I was skiing. I have also tried on retail NXG's and APX'2 I could get away with an 8 DA in Bauers with a bit of stretching for length. The APX2's started to hurt the arch of my foot as soon as I had them on. I have pretty flat feet and a narrow heel, the width of my fore foot is between a C and a D in a Bauer, but because of my flat feet a d is fine. I tried on a pair of Graf Ultra 75 Lites 8.5 reg, they felt pretty good and better the longer I wore them, they seemed a bit snug in the for foot, I am not sure if that would be fixed with a bake or moving to a wide skate would be better. I have also found a pair of Pro Stock Graf ULtra 3 size 8.5 how do these compare fit wise to the Ultra 75's. Thanks for any responses.