Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Toronto Maple Leafs 2013-2014

i love gleason!

Hell yes! I loved what I saw last night, and he's been doing things like that (and blocking shots etc) since the day he arrived. What a beast.

As one poster on the Leafs FB page pointed out, it's nice to see somebody on the team with some toughness who doesn't do the off-the-faceoff goonery.

Hell yes! I loved what I saw last night, and he's been doing things like that (and blocking shots etc) since the day he arrived. What a beast.

As one poster on the Leafs FB page pointed out, it's nice to see somebody on the team with some toughness who doesn't do the off-the-faceoff goonery.

ABSOLUTELY! I think Dion should take a page out of Gleason's book.

I'm loving that he's tearing it up at the Olympics too. As long as he cools down if/when they play Canada, that is ;)

Dude is absolute money.

Kessel is the man in TDot, but gawddamn, he needs to play a bit more in corners. If Crosby risks himself in the corners, its because that is part of the role. Datsyuk throws hits, so Kessel needs to do the same. He's super talented to the point where he plays shinny. Come on Baby Bear Kessel, PLAY HARDER!

Also, if he goes to Gary Roberts Camp instead of eatin them Dunkin Donuts, he would snap in 60 goals like Stammer.

Come on BABY BEAR PHIL! We need a cup!

Seems steep indeed. For a guy that has yet to score 20 goals in a season, and has only managed to stay healthy for a full season on two occasions, $5 mil per is a bit too much.

I loved him on the Hawks and hated to see him go but I would have a serious problem with that kind of money and that kind of term.

This made me laugh so hard. Was the author on vacation during the Olympics and didn't watch any of the games? Do they usually write about hockey or did they just get assigned this article? How do you not know that Phil Kessel plays for the US during international events? It's not like he's a fringe player or a rookie that just came into the league. He's played for the US at several events (World Juniors, Olympics).

"Kessel, who scored five goals for gold medal-winning Team Canada in Sochi, took a pass in the high slot before whipping the puck past Nabokov."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444842

Haha yeah. I think they need to get back a solid forecheck, and start tightening down on the defensive breakdowns. We'll always give up lots of shots, but we need to give up less quality ones. Komarov coming back will help as Orr will be forced out of the lineup.

Season is over. Let's be real here, there have been VERY few games this season that Toronto was the better team. They just have the ability to score goals to get them out of defensive troubles. How many games have they been outshot? Almost all of them.

24.6% chance of making the playoffs at this point: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Toronto.html

Haha I'm standing behind them no matter what. I believe in our guys and that we may be able to pull one out of the bag here. A players only meeting, as well as a meeting with Nonis needs to happen. This group needs to pull it together. We aren't done till the math says we are, no matter how bleak it may look!

Haha I'm standing behind them no matter what. I believe in our guys and that we may be able to pull one out of the bag here. A players only meeting, as well as a meeting with Nonis needs to happen. This group needs to pull it together. We aren't done till the math says we are, no matter how bleak it may look!

Yea, I've stood behind them for many years of both good and bad teams, and don't plan to stop. But I plan to watch all 8 games they have left until next fall, with zero expectation of them making the playoffs.

I really hope for them, but at the same time I always think do they even deserve a spot in the playoffs? Teams like Detroit and Columbus have been battling and playing hard all year; while the Leafs just seem to play a really good game, or hang around and just dog it for a game (or 6). I really do hope for them, and hope they decide to turn it on for the home stretch here.

I hate to say it (since he's generally an idiot) but mike ulmer brings up some good points in his latest column.

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/wondering-if-the-leafs-will-make-playoffs-look-no-further/

They definitely do have the easiest schedule of the four teams on the bubble, but 2 less games to play. It's going to come down to the wire (unless they don't break the losing streak in which case it's all irrelevant).