Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammers44

Beefy Shins

Was in the store today and snapped a couple of photos for you. Compared an NXG 13" next to a 14" Senior CCM CS which runs the exact same as the CL. They didn't have the INT 13" but just by comparing the 14" senior CCM's to the NXGs I'd say its a long shot you'd fit in the Int. 13" cl's. hope this helps!

527DFDBE-23EE-4BBB-B941-EDE2343F87DB-3654A800EB9-F053-43C2-921D-B6A59375A7F6-365

Thank you, I appreciate that!

Based on that, they look about the same size. So really my issue isn't so much that I need 13" shins, but rather that Bauers shins run large. Or so it seems. Maybe ill order a pair of 14" CCMs then!

Thanks again!

In regard to CCM sizing my experience has always been that their shins seem to run almost a size shorter than other manufactures. That was with the Fit models but my 12 year old who was only 4'10" had gap issues at his skates with 13" CCM shins but not with any other manufacturer. So if you are looking at CCM don't be afraid to look a size larger than you normally would. Still great product in the CL from everything I have seen.

In regard to CCM sizing my experience has always been that their shins seem to run almost a size shorter than other manufactures. That was with the Fit models but my 12 year old who was only 4'10" had gap issues at his skates with 13" CCM shins but not with any other manufacturer. So if you are looking at CCM don't be afraid to look a size larger than you normally would. Still great product in the CL from everything I have seen.

Ah, okay so it's not so much that Bauer runs large as CCM running short. Either way, if I'm in a Bauer 13" I should be okay in a CCM 14", looking at those pics.

yup you're absolutely right.

Easton EQPro seems pretty solid as well.

Yeah I was looking at these while I was trying on shins yesterday but didn't like how they tapered down towards the ankle. I know this seems to be the route all shins are going but I'm not a big fan of that.

I just picked up a pair of AX1's from Warrior and they are great. Big, wide and lots of protection. Would highly recommend these....

I was really psyched to try these on but was pretty bummed when I couldn't get a good lock on my knee.

Anybody have and info on the 18k shins? I've been checking out the 18k and 20k and can't seem to figure what exactly warrants the extra $50-60.

Im glad im not the only one to notice bauers run big

I'm glad I found that out so I didn't keep being disappointed with other companies not releasing a 13" shin pad.

Anyway, I tried the CCMs out in the store, wasn't really a fan. I tried on just about everything they had, I didn't really like any of it (more than what I already have, Nexus1000). Until I got to the Easton Mako shins. Wow. Crazy comfortable, pretty beefy (though with a bit of a taper down), good leg wrap. I just ordered a pair last night.

I'm glad I found that out so I didn't keep being disappointed with other companies not releasing a 13" shin pad.

Anyway, I tried the CCMs out in the store, wasn't really a fan. I tried on just about everything they had, I didn't really like any of it (more than what I already have, Nexus1000). Until I got to the Easton Mako shins. Wow. Crazy comfortable, pretty beefy (though with a bit of a taper down), good leg wrap. I just ordered a pair last night.

Great shins. Really liked the liner and the strapping on them.

It too would like to know the difference between the 20k and 18k's. Specifically the knee padding.

And or what shin has the best knee padding for blows to the ice.

I just picked up the 20k and love them. The main difference between the two is in the padding and that the 18k are more streamlined than the 20k.

I'll look more when I get home from work and let you know.

It too would like to know the difference between the 20k and 18k's. Specifically the knee padding.

And or what shin has the best knee padding for blows to the ice.

After checking mine over and looking at a pair of 18k's at Perani's I noticed that the 18k definitely lacks in the protection department. To me the knee in the 20k had way better lock and felt a tad deeper. Your knee is also entirely surrounded by padding.

The upper straps on both seem to be a little too short but they do the job. The bottom straps on the 20k are built for someone with NHL style calfs but you can remove them if you prefer (velcroed on). the 18k's have a more resonable bottom strap but lack the calf protection that the 20k has. The calf guard is also removable on the 20k.

Even though the 20k price tag is way higher than the 18k I still think they are a heck of a deal. Let me know if you need any more info!