Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

Face mask use with different brands?

I'm looking at getting a new helmet and I've seen some on clearance but I'm not a huge fan of the stock cages. How compatible are Bauer cages with say Warrior or CCM helmets? Or, are they all different?

Typically they're all 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but due to different fits of helmets, you may need to adjust your cage size accordingly. I, having a medium-average face and a larger noggin, wear a Medium Bauer RBE VIII cage with a Large 5100.

Until I got my Boulder Hockey shield, I used an Easton S9 cage medium with a large Bauer 2100 helmet. This is definitely a YMMV situation.

Definitely a Your Mileage May Vary situation. You may like how one cage fits on your helmet with your face, or the sight lines of a certain cage. I will say that helmets and cages are best shopped for in person, as I needed a smaller helmet than what I had ordered online. Had I tried them on in person, I wouldn't have made that mistake. Also, if the shoppe is big enough, you should have plenty of cages to choose.

when purchasing my last helmet, I noticed that the Re-Akt cage didnt fit very well on a reebok 11k. I could have modified it to get it to fit, but I dont want to spend a ton on a mask in order to have to bend it all up.

I have a jofa cage on a bauer helmet. Fits pretty well.. Not 100% but I'd say 90% fit. Works well enough for my non-checking leagues.

If you live in Canada (you can head the warning or not) you may only use the cage from the same company as the helmet is made and it must be approved for that helmet. There is a list in the helmet box that shows all applicable cages for each helmet. It does not say that others will not fit HOWEVER if you were to be injured you will have a very hard time sueing when you are using combo's that have not been approved. I understand that the USA is the same from the CSA meetings I have been in.

I am not saying you can not use them I am just saying if an injury occurs from an incorrect fit you have no legal leg to sue.

If you live in Canada (you can head the warning or not) you may only use the cage from the same company as the helmet is made and it must be approved for that helmet. There is a list in the helmet box that shows all applicable cages for each helmet. It does not say that others will not fit HOWEVER if you were to be injured you will have a very hard time sueing when you are using combo's that have not been approved. I understand that the USA is the same from the CSA meetings I have been in.

I am not saying you can not use them I am just saying if an injury occurs from an incorrect fit you have no legal leg to sue.

I have never heard of this. I knew one or two of you guys from Canada refused to put on a cage of a different company to save your store's butt, but I didn't know it was mandatory to consider the helmet certified. As long as cage/shield/whatever and helmet are each certified here then it doesn't matter the combo.

I think OTG is right. There are little things too like Itech heritage cages must be mounted clips down for it to be considered CSA certified.

is this a rule that a ref would call? or is this more of a if you got injured and you where trying to sue which ever governing hockey body and they asked what was the helmet and cage combo you where wearing at the time and it wasn't a cage from the same company that is approved you wouldn't stand a chance sort of thing.

HECC and CSA slacked on making it mandatory as a rule but are in the process in putting out a brochure poster for retail to use as a guideline as per the manufactures.

Now if there are more lawsuits then yes they may have to implement it and it would be a nightmare to police.

And yes to the 2nd part of your post above.

I think OTG is right. There are little things too like Itech heritage cages must be mounted clips down for it to be considered CSA certified.

Correct.