Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridindirty

Shoulder Pads for mens leagues

I got jabbed in the kidney when crashing the net. Felt it all! Seems like they went a bit sparse on protection to enhance that lightness factor.

I took a butt end to the ribs in my CL's and felt it for sure; also had what felt like a muscle knot/trigger point there that was very tender for about a week and a half afterwards. Woke up one day and the pain and knot were gone. Who knows.

To be fair I can see them maybe doing a better job dispersing a larger thing like an elbow or glove to the torso padding, but at the time I was surprised that I felt as much as I did

I wear the CLs and have had great experience with impact dispersion at the shoulder and back areas. More hard collissions in old guy/ beer league than I had envisioned, since having made my comeback one year ago. Most of the time, these collissions were accidents, but 3 (brought on by 2 different guys) were definitely intentional full speed body checks into my back when I was stationary- I fell all 3 times as the checks were from strong guys, but I did not feel pain or resultant injury on any occasion (thanks CL).

However, having had concerns about the lack of rib protection, I have recently begun wearing this:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BEPS

* It's pricy, but I sweat like a monster, and still sweat like a monster even with this 37.5, but I do not seem to feel as drained. Could be placebo, but I will take whatever I can get!!