Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridindirty

Shoulder Pads for mens leagues

any idea on price point?

I'm thinking the CCMs might be my choice for shoulder pads.

I never understood why people wouldn't want the most protection possible. I like feeling indestructible. It lets me survive stupid decisions :D

No clue on the pricepoint, but I can't imagine they would stray too far from the CL/CS/U12 pricing. The thing that is enticing me about the RBZ line of shoulders is that they look to have longer torso protection than the CL/CS/U12.

I have done up my hybrid version of the 9950 Sher Wood pads-

1) added better biceps protection, as I blocked a slapper with the original (bloody near non-existent) biceps protection.

2) I cut off the useless original biceps protection.

3) I wear a protective shirt underneath for increased chest and back protection, as well as the extended belly.

I haven't worn the newly modded pads to any stick and puck since the shot block incident as the recent stick and puck sessions have become more spirited and thusly dangerous. I will test them in a lower turn-out session.

Still like my Winn Well with Tron caps. I may find something different to graft on the Winn Well, but the neck hole sometimes chokes me. I may just switch pads entirely.

I am a big fan of the Sherwood 9950, they provide enough protection to make them worth wearing, and are mobile and cool enough to justify wearing them vs nothing at all. I might consider wearing a padded shirt under them at some point, but I don't think it is necessary for the vast majority of men's leagues. They also dry quickly which is a plus.

I am in a non checking beer league, but there is still plenty of contact. I switch back and forth between a pair of Sherwood 5030s and Easton eq30. the sherwoods are light and comfortable but anytime I see a d-man loading up a clapper I pray to jebus it doesn't kill me. the eastons on the other hand are huge and bulky and hot as can be. but not being payed to play i would rather not take the risk of injury.

lower profile for the nexus 400 and there's none of the padding underneath the cap that the CCM has on the higher end models- CS or CL

those who are nexus 400 users, what are the shoulder cap profiles compared to the CCM lines

Out of the CCM line up, which are the lightest and which are the lowest profile?

U+ CL, U+CL, and U+12?

U+CL for weight for sure. For profile, they're all basically the exact same shape.

I still can't tell the difference between the CL and CS...

I have the CL and a guy on my team has the CS..profile is the same on both. The weight difference is noticeable when you hold them, I doubt it's all that noticeable when you're wearing but I never put the CS's on I think the real difference comes after the game, the CS holds sweat, the CL's do not so depending on how much you sweat there could be some excess weight you are lugging around. I'm not sure how much of a difference this would make in the game, I highly doubt the CS is holding enough sweat to kill performance. I know a lot of NHL guys are wearing the CL pads right now, if the difference was that extreme I would imagine all of them would make the switch.

I believe the CS uses U-Foam in some spots but not in in the entire construction, whereas the CL is pretty much all U-foam except for the areas that are reinforced by hard plastics.

so, if the CS isn't water resistant, how is it different from the U+ 08 or 12?

the CS has the spine guard whereas the 12 and 08 do not. Also, there are perforations in the main chest and back areas. the CS also has ufoam shoulder caps where the 08 and 12 do not

For you average size guys (5'10"), which size CCM pads did you go with? I've always walked the line between medium and large with shoulder pads.

Medium.

For you average size guys (5'10"), which size CCM pads did you go with? I've always walked the line between medium and large with shoulder pads.

I'm 5'7 but have fairly wide shoulders for my height and medium was perfect in the CL but I could have honestly gotten into a large if I wanted them to come down lower on my chest. I found the width didn't change greatly from M to L. Just my experience.

At 5'9 with a 42" chest I stick with mediums now. I've worn larges in the past and prefer the pads to be a little smaller.