Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridindirty

Shoulder Pads for mens leagues

depends on chest size. I'm 6'3" with a 45" chest. Bought an XL and feels a tad loose. Best Bet: try it on in store.

I'm 5'10" but a 48 inch chest. Bought the XL. Flapped around more than I liked.

"General Sizing" typically puts me into an XL. CCM's chart puts me at the absolute top of a large or absolute bottom of XL. I should have learned better when I returned XL pants for Large even though I'm a 40" waist.

Im 6'1. Is that an XL?

I'm 6'2, 215 lbs, I forget my chest size; I wanna say 52 but I am not sure and do not have tape measure. I am big'ish and these fit me perfectly.

I wore the 5030s for years. Recently picked up the CCM CLs because im getting a little older and i want to avoid injury and feel somewhat confident in certain defensive situations. They are a little "bigger" but same mobility and lighter. Sick shoulder pad, prolly the best out there right now IMO. Personally i don't care what they look like. If i don't notice them and they are protective i'll wear them in any situation. Someone made a point that they don't take on water weight while playing. This is totally true and i never noticed it but the 5030s do get heavier as the game goes on. My 2c.

I wore the 5030s for years. Recently picked up the CCM CLs because im getting a little older and i want to avoid injury and feel somewhat confident in certain defensive situations. They are a little "bigger" but same mobility and lighter. Sick shoulder pad, prolly the best out there right now IMO. Personally i don't care what they look like. If i don't notice them and they are protective i'll wear them in any situation. Someone made a point that they don't take on water weight while playing. This is totally true and i never noticed it but the 5030s do get heavier as the game goes on. My 2c.

That's pretty much my exact deal. I have the NBH classics. As I have gotten older, I guess I am getting soft and want to feel a bit better protected out there... a cage might even be in my future!!!

I picked up some Bauer "Professionals" at the Hawks sale because I thought they would have good eBay value. Of course I had to try them before I sold them...

I couldn't believe how better and more confident I was wearing these shoulder pads. My only complaint is the bulk. That's why I am thinking about selling these and getting CLs

Thinking about switching to the CL's after last nights game in using my RBK 6K shoulder pads my body shape has changed since I got them .Still debating on getting a pair of the CL shoulders. Does the foam wick away the sweat? How is the venting on these things?

go with a padded shirt, don't really need shoulder pads for mens league. you aren't checking anyone. the sher-wood 5030 shoulders are good as well

I'm not but there are always the occasional accidents !

go with a padded shirt, don't really need shoulder pads for mens league. you aren't checking anyone. the sher-wood 5030 shoulders are good as well

If you want "real" shoulder pads, U+CL are great shoulders, probably the most recommended. Reebok Hybrid and Easton RS are probably the only other "good" shoulder pads that I would recommend for lightweight/mobile pads

Thinking about switching to the CL's after last nights game in using my RBK 6K shoulder pads my body shape has changed since I got them .Still debating on getting a pair of the CL shoulders. Does the foam wick away the sweat? How is the venting on these things?

They are light and do not absorb any sweat - where the sweat goes is another issue!! If they fit you they are worth trying - very light and comfy.

Anyone know anything about the Crazy Strong Shoulder pads?

I have the crazy strong. I love them as the shoulder padding is the same low profile U Foam setup as the CL's and they are really light and don't absorb much sweat, but the one thing I don't like is the rib protection. It's not made from Ufoam like the CL's but is more like a thin medium density foam. If you take a shot to the ribs you'll definitely be feeling it. The chest and Spine protection are really good though (same as CL's).

If you want "real" shoulder pads, U+CL are great shoulders, probably the most recommended. Reebok Hybrid and Easton RS are probably the only other "good" shoulder pads that I would recommend for lightweight/mobile pads

So I picked up a pair of U+CL LE's in Large. I am 5' 11" and 230lbs with a 48" chest. I skated with them on last night. really liking the airflow through these pads. The pads seems to ride up sometimes though.. anyone else have this issue? I usually wear an UA shirt under the pads

So I picked up a pair of U+CL LE's in Large. I am 5' 11" and 230lbs with a 48" chest. I skated with them on last night. really liking the airflow through these pads. The pads seems to ride up sometimes though.. anyone else have this issue? I usually wear an UA shirt under the pads

I had the same exact issue.

Thinking about trying these out: http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-shoulder-pad-kfs-hybrid.html . With an additional 25% off they are a steal.

I'm running these now and I love em. You can wear the padded shirt for Stick time and then throw on the actual pads for games. Shoulder caps are a little big IMO, but not as big as some of the ones I've seen out there. I recommend them for sure.

Most people don't have that issue, but I have heard it a few times. It was addressed with the RBZ pads. That is why the sternum protection is now on the inside of the pads

Not sure if it this would work, but perhaps a shirt with grips on the chest and/or back will help reduce them riding up

Down Low Shoulders were the shit, and I REALLY wish they were still being made :(

Even at their price range?! You could basically buy a padded shirt, and a cheap pair of shoulders, and franken-stitch a pair of down-low's yourself.

Wait a sec, did Mission copy the down-low's here?

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Mission_Pro_Compression_Padded_Shirt_Sr_/descpage-MPROS.html

Even at their price range?! You could basically buy a padded shirt, and a cheap pair of shoulders, and franken-stitch a pair of down-low's yourself.

Wait a sec, did Mission copy the down-low's here?

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Mission_Pro_Compression_Padded_Shirt_Sr_/descpage-MPROS.html

Yes, worth every penny.

Its very similar, and will probably be what I buy once my Down Low bites the dust. The only thing I don't like is that the sternum protection isn't hard, its just foam.

Has anyone directly compared the mobility/lightweight/can-barely-tell-it's-there qualities of any of the following?

U+ CL (750g)

RBZ 130 (680g)

RBZ 110 (680g)

RBZ 90 (612g)

Reebok Hybrid KFS (unknown weight, presumably very light)

Reebok 12K (703g)

Lightweight is good of course, but I'll go with something that is a little heavier if it actually moves better and is more natural feeling.

I'm mostly interested in the mobility/can-barely-tell-it's-there factor. Playing with no shoulders feels much better than with my current (old school Jofa) shoulders, but I haven't quite been able to convince myself that a padded shirt is what I want to go with even though I almost bought one the other night, I just know I'll get dumped into the post or catch a clapper in the chest as soon as I decide to forego shoulders all together, my B league games can get fairly rough sometimes with a few of the teams, and I'm one of the smaller/faster dudes out there and I like to try to screen/tip so I catch sticks to the back every once in while or as I'm trying to go around the outside of the D.

personally, id go with the 110 if you dont want clavicle protector, 130 if you do. they both felt very comfortable to me trying them on in store.