Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2014 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/176-2014-warrior-hockey-catalogue/

Sticks - Keith did a good job laying out the entire story here; http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/65581-warrior-dynasty-ax1stlt-stick-lineup/

The sticks are extremely impression on the lower end of the spectrum - the weight difference at the price points is pretty crazy.

Helmets - unchanged

Gloves - new line in the Dynasty; as previously mentioned, Franchise has been retired. The AX1 is a 4-roll glove, however, the overall shape of the glove is different - gone is that boxy shape. The glove tends to wrap around from one end to another instead of being segmented blocks from the rolls to the middle of the glove to the top of the thumb. Not only that, it's very protective - every segment of the glove has padding - including the cuff, which is a Kovalchuk-esque cuff. Bone System is also present in the AX1. The outer of the glove is a cable knit, with nubuck in key areas (pinky stripe.)

The palm is Clarino (the finger area is dotted) with mesh gussets (which have a spongy feel to them) and ribs in the top corner of the palm for grip. It also will come in a 13.5.

One thing though - this is the CLEANEST glove I've ever seen. Seriously - there's absolutely ZERO excess material on the glove - it's all tucked underneath, completely seamless. Very impressed - just looked at 5 pair of top-end gloves here and every individual segment of padding has excess material past the stitch.

Going down to the AX2, you're getting Tufftek and no Bone system, and a traditional Clarino palm/gusset combination. Down to the AX3, you're getting a softer glove and no Polygiene.

Covert is unchanged.

Protective - new pad in the DT1LT, which is actually more of an up-spec'd AX2 than a lightened AX1; the jacket is perforated for ventilation/mobility, and a different bicep guard - not the double-layered 2-way bicep guard that you see on the AX1. On the elbow pad, the bicep guard as well as the forearm wrap is changed and not as stiff as on the AX1.

On the shin pad, the calf wrap is improved, as well as a fixed thigh guard - not adjustable as on the AX1 or the AX2. You may see that going forward on future shins by Warrior.

Pants - unchanged.

Same, I have some Qs about how the new dynasty gloves will fit bc they seem to have some contour now but I'll wait for the write-up. The gloves do look great though.

Thanks JR. One problem. I don't see Where the stick lies are in the catalogue.

Warrior is done with listing their lies. Warrior Rep on this site stated that it may have hindered sales since Warrior measures their lies differently. So basically if you're looking at the Henrique, you'll know it's a lie 5.5 similar to Easton's Hall, or if you're looking at the W28 you'll know its the same lie as Easton's E28.

Bittersweet saying farewell to the Franchise gloves. Definitely an iconic piece of equipment. The AX1's look great and the Retail colours are really appealing. The cuff looks like the Kovulchuk. It also appears that there's no longer a Narrow 4 roll so I'm wondering if these fit more narrow like the BonabfideX.

Also really surprised to see there's already an AXLT protective line. 10% lighter doesn't seem like much, but I guess they're trying to stay competitive with APX2 and RBZ line in terms of weight.

Bittersweet saying farewell to the Franchise gloves. Definitely an iconic piece of equipment. The AX1's look great and the Retail colours are really appealing. The cuff looks like the Kovulchuk. It also appears that there's no longer a Narrow 4 roll so I'm wondering if these fit more narrow like the BonabfideX.

Im hoping it stays fat and wide like the normal franchises did. the only glove that truely fit my handshape. looks like the new ones taper in towards the cuff a bit more and it says a contoured backhand, its more pronounced on the AX2s pics. the cuff kind of does look like the kovy but doesnt at the same time. but yeah these look like a space age version of the franchises.

i wonder if these will be different enough form the franchises that theyll keep them in the customizer like they did the creepers.

Edited by Souldriver
  • Like 1

Im hoping it stays fat and wide like the normal franchises did. the only glove that truely fit my handshape. looks like the new ones taper in towards the cuff a bit more and it says a contoured backhand, its more pronounced on the AX2s pics. the cuff kind of does look like the kovy but doesnt at the same time. but yeah these look like a space age version of the franchises.

i wonder if these will be different enough form the franchises that theyll keep them in the customizer like they did the creepers.

If you like custom franchises you should get them now. They will be removed from the customizer in 1-2 months.

Warrior is moving all custom gloves overseas. They will be made by a factory that also makes Mizuno and Rawlings gloves.

Customs will be available for the ax1/ax2 and covert dt1/dt2. They will also be shipped at set dates, so you could end up waiting a few months for your gloves even if they're already made. Also if it's not on the customizer you're not likely to get it anymore. In the past you could request different cuffs, mods, etc in the comment box and you might haven gotten it. This will no longer be the case. Warrior is/was losing money on customs.

Wow, did you sit in on my presentation today?

We joked about how there will be some guys here on suicide watch when it happens...

But I did tell Chris that when there is a firm date, we'll let you guys know. But yeah, put in your orders now...

• Like 1

That being said, thanks to Keith and Chris for running me through the line today. It was a fun day @ Warrior HQ - they had their employee Olympics which included a street hockey tournament. It was fierce. LOL

We joked about how there will be some guys here on suicide watch when it happens...

But I did tell Chris that when there is a firm date, we'll let you guys know. But yeah, put in your orders now...

So ill take that as truth then. I love my franchises but i would like to try out the new glove as well as it seems really nice (JR will dynasty gloves be out in stores while the franchises are still available to be customed?) as well but when you find something that fits you perfect, or near perfect, you get fickle with things. Im also not in the market for new gloves right now so its hard to put down $200 for a backup to a glove that has held up great so far. I think the biggest thing they should put in the customizer though is the cuff option. the franchises are such a more open and mobile glove with the Kovy/covert cuff

JR please let us know the date when you get it. I could do with less customization options but it was great speaking to the warrior rep and having the tiny details like black assembly thread used, and they even took out the black screened letters and just left the silver outline so the black on the glove and in the letters matched perfect. Geez, i wouldnt be lying if i said i already have been thinking of the next glove and hwo cool itll be bc it was so enjoyable the first time.

Edited by Souldriver

(will dynasty gloves be out in stores while the franchises are still available to be customed?)

Franchise off the customizer soon, will be covert/dynasty only

I wish I had the access you did JR (no sarcasm meant).

I actually had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Hellyar at Warrior while I was placing a large team order of custom covert dt2 gloves (went with this model because we did not like the mesh on the dt1) and were having trouble getting the right palm on the glove. I am excited to see how the made in Asia custom gloves compare to my previous made in Canada models. He explained all the changes to the program to me during the process.

Warrior was very accommodating and after a few snags in the process took care of us. Great customer service! Can't really fault them for changing the program, especially if they are losing a lot of money over it.

Souldriver,

I was told that the kovy and savard cuff is not ordered that often. The hossa cuff (likely to be renamed) will be the only cuff option that will remain.

Edited by gymmonster

Franchise off the customizer soon, will be covert/dynasty only

Yes but will there be an overlap. As in can I see the new dynasty glove prior to the franchise being taken off the customizer.

I wish I had the access you did JR (no sarcasm meant).

I actually had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Hellyar at Warrior while I was placing a large team order of custom covert dt2 gloves (went with this model because we did not like the mesh on the dt1) and were having trouble getting the right palm on the glove. I am excited to see how the made in Asia custom gloves compare to my previous made in Canada models. He explained all the changes to the program to me during the process.

Warrior was very accommodating and after a few snags in the process took care of us. Great customer service! Can't really fault them for changing the program, especially if they are losing a lot of money over it.

Souldriver,

I was told that the kovy and savard cuff is not ordered that often. The hossa cuff (likely to be renamed) will be the only cuff option that will remain.

I was a little surprised about that. I know the hossa is popular but I thought the Kovy was as well, but then again that just on here and mshp is a small sample size. I think those custom cuffs would of sold waaaay more of they actually put them on the customized instead of it being on of the many "secret" options. I only found out about the cuffs from here and asking the rep about it.

Also once again I'm still waiting for someone who has seen the products to do a writeup on them. I can only tell so much from catalog pictures.

Edited by Souldriver

What about the AXLT? I thought the LT was an improved lighter version of the AX1? No?

it is. I was referring to the Dynasty AX1/2/3, last year's models. they didn't change from last year. AXLT is a new product

so warrior now has dynasty sticks and covert sticks, dynasty gloves and covert gloves, dynasty protective and......... ;)

I scrolled through the catalog hoping to see them bring back the white projekt elbows, knowing full well that they wouldn't be there. Did it anyway.

Also once again I'm still waiting for someone who has seen the products to do a writeup on them. I can only tell so much from catalog pictures.

Scroll up.

so warrior now has dynasty sticks and covert sticks, dynasty gloves and covert gloves, dynasty protective and......... ;)

and Dynasty protective.

There will not be a Covert line. They feel one line is sufficient on the protective end.

I scrolled through the catalog hoping to see them bring back the white projekt elbows, knowing full well that they wouldn't be there. Did it anyway.

someday man, someday :)

Sign in to follow this